Good morning Wednesday

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Good morning Wednesday

Postby Ally » 24 Apr 2024, 06:43

Good morning.

Another gorgeous sunny day and 28° is perfect. 8-)

Off for a walk. :D

I'll have a swim when I get back, shower, paint my nails then visiting my 'hip' :lol: friend who's going to make us lunch and dine on her terrace as a thank you for my taxi and cat feeding favours. :lol:

Have a great day.
Ally
Site Admin

Re: Good morning Wednesday

Postby cromwell » 24 Apr 2024, 07:43

Good morning Ally.
Well done for feeding the pussycat!
I'm up early as MrsC has gone to give the child her breakfast and take her to school, as her mummy is taking a call from Australia.
Kevin the plumber is coming to fix our leak at 9 am. We are lucky to be able to get someone at short notice.
I must rememer to pay the gas bill today.
Have a good day everyone.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby JanB » 24 Apr 2024, 07:51

Morning Ally, Crommers and everyone

Sunny, but not as warm. Only 27C today and getting cooler for the next 10 days, with the chance of wet stuff too :shock:

Off to Ourique for the normal runaround this morning. Need to drop off a letter for Nuno, as next door has decided that he-s not happy with the court decision and wants "mediation" :shock: :roll:

Pit stop for coffee on the way home and then breakfast.

No idea what we-ll be doing after that, see what we feel like :lol:

BBQ later. Think I-ll butterfly a couple of chicken breasts and marinade them in oil, chilli, lemon juice and garlic :D

Have a good day everyone, whatever you-re doing xx
JanB

Postby Kaz » 24 Apr 2024, 08:11

Morning all :)

That sounds lovely, Al! :D xx

That is lucky, Crommers :) xx

Jan, only 27°? I'll knit you some woolly socks :P ;) :lol: xx

Gloomy and chilly here again, when is Spring going to kick in properly? :( :cute: Meeting my friend J in town, then walking up to D's for lunchtime. Mick is putting some membrane down on her front flower beds, in preparation for putting gravel down between the shrubs, so we'll have lunch there.I

Have a good day everyone :) xx
Kaz

Postby Osc » 24 Apr 2024, 10:23

Morning all, it’s a grey day here, but yesterday turned out lovely after a similar start, so fingers crossed.The funeral yesterday went as well as these things do. SIL’s mum J spoke from the altar, saying how E had given her back her life and brought back joy (it was unsaid that this was after her divorce and her ex was sitting in the congregation), I thought she was very brave. Afterwards we were all asked back to the local yacht club for lunch, which turned into a pleasant occasion. We knew quite a few people, so there was plenty of chat. We were proud of Michael and Kellie who both looked lovely, and behaved impeccably. It was funny seeing Kellie with her two girl cousins, all of a similar age, with their heads together giggling and gossiping like old women!

Later in the afternoon, our former neighbour, the ex-wife of the man across the street who is ill in hospital, called in to say hello. We hadn’t seen her for years so we had a long chat. I was pretty tired by the time I got to bed and thankfully slept the whole night. I still have the sinus infection but hopefully it is on its way out. Hairdresser at 11.30, and nails being done this afternoon. I need to pop up to the post office to take out some money and also get some sterling as I am going to Belfast for the day on Sunday. Better get moving!
Osc

Postby jenniren » 24 Apr 2024, 11:53

Morning all :D

Bright and sunny 8-)

We didn't go to Boots in the end yesterday, I'd stocked up quite well last week and it didn't make sense to buy things we don't really need. Instead we had another go at clearing the garden. The back end is quite wild so does need cutting back quite a lot. We haven't really kept it down the last year or so, too many ops lol Ed bought an extendable hedge trimmer and we have a good pair of loppers so quite a lot got done. Still more to do, we might have another go sometime today.

Hope you all have a good day xx
jenniren

Postby meriad » 24 Apr 2024, 12:57

hello all and good afternoon everyone

Well, a disjointed start to the day - left home a bit later than usual and issues on the train resulted in taking just over 2 hours to get to work; and it's thrown things a bit out of kilter :lol:
Weather is grey and dull and nippy, and sort of matches my mood today.

So best crack on with things so have a lovely day all x

PS Jen - please be careful with the hedge trimming and cutting back of shrubs; it's prime nest building / nesting season for birds and they need to be left alone x
meriad

Postby Workingman » 24 Apr 2024, 13:50

Kaz wrote:Gloomy and chilly here again, when is Spring going to kick in properly?

Well, as they say in these parts: "Ne'er cast a clout till May be out."

May being either the month or the May Tree blossom (Hawthorn) is over.
Workingman

Postby cromwell » 24 Apr 2024, 14:47

JanB wrote:Need to drop off a letter for Nuno, as next door has decided that he-s not happy with the court decision and wants "mediation" :shock: :roll:

It strikes me that he just wants everything his way, never mind mediation.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby JanB » 24 Apr 2024, 15:46

Of course he does Crommers. Man is a bully, his wife is not allowed out unless he's with her.

All the broad beans are now in the freezer, just got some beetroot and onions left.

Kaz wrote:I'll knit you some woolly socks

Grumpy is now wearing them, thank you xx He's also got slippers on :shock: :lol:
JanB

Return to Cafe