Good morning Thursday

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Good morning Thursday

Postby Ally » 23 May 2024, 05:54

Good morning.

Forecast 30° for the next week. May is my favourite month temp wise before it gets oven hot. :lol:

David's picking me up and we're going for a walk to Guadalmar. :D

Out tonight for pre-weekend drinks and a bite to eat. :D

Have a great day.

Conor's just sent a photo of him and Lucia on their way to the airport as they're off to Norway for 8 days. :cute:
Ally
Site Admin

Re: Good morning Thursday

Postby Kaz » 23 May 2024, 07:38

Morning all :)

I hope they have a great time in Norway, Al. Slightly cooler there than 30° I should imagine ;) Really glad that David is well enough for your walks again 8-) xx

It's still grey here, but at least the rain has stopped :roll: Shopping with D this morning, another pile of ironing to tackle this afternoon, then Pilates tonight.

Have a good day everyone :) xx
Kaz

Postby cruiser2 » 23 May 2024, 08:00

Good morning everybody.

Only 17C when I got up. It is still raining. Several main line and local trains have been cancelled due to flooding on the tracks

Just pootling today inside. I may have a parcel delivered by Royal Mail.

Some phone calls to make.

Have a good day everybody.
cruiser2

Postby JanB » 23 May 2024, 08:06

Morning everyone

Sunny, but with a rather brisk breeze, so making it feel rather cold this morning. But we're slowly warming up, 27C today 8-)

Safe travels, hope they have a lovely time x

Gardening for me this morning and hopefully, strimming for Grumpy. I have a much clearer head this morning, even have some energy :lol: No idea what he feels like, he's still snoring away :roll:

Have a good day everyone, whatever you're doing xx
JanB

Postby cromwell » 23 May 2024, 10:19

Morning all.
Grey here but at least the rain has stopped thank goodness.
Ally, I don't know if I could stand 30c. The shock alone would probably do me in. :lol:
Bad news for rail travellers Cruiser. Does pilates do you good Kaz?
Jan, let sleeping Grumps lie!
We are going out in a mo and this afternoon we pick Eliza up from school. It will be nice to see her.
I bet Osc is enjoying Norway.
Have a good day everyone.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby Osc » 23 May 2024, 10:24

Morning all, it’s dull and chilly here. We are heading out with our visitors into town to visit the EPIC, it’s a museum all about how the Irish emigrated all over the world, very interesting and well done. When we come back to Howth we’ll go for a meal in a local restaurant, we have a voucher for it which will cut down the bill nicely. Last night we ate in the pub next door, our friends insisted on paying. Right, better get ready to go out.
Osc

Postby jenniren » 23 May 2024, 11:12

Morning all :D

Nice and dry but a tad windy.

Did anyone see Craig Mckinlay's return to parliament on the news yesterday, he's our MP and what a horrid time he's been through. He had to have both his hands and feet removed because of sepsis, but what an inspiration he is. It was quite emotional :(

My trip to the hairdresser yesterday went really well. We're off out to Westwood Cross and M&S in the next hour or so. Daft I know, but I'm feeling quite excited, it's nice to be back doing 'normal' things.

Hope you all have a good day xx
jenniren

Postby saundra » 23 May 2024, 12:51

Morning all not raining yet
Jen yes I saw him what a brave fella he is he deserve a medal for his courage when I had sepsis I lost the use of my legs and since then I use a zimmer upstairs and one downstairs it's truly a horrific illness
Well neighbour came in for a cuppa yesterday tells me he is having a conservatory my other neighbour is doing it he's a retired glazed by trade and is very busy since he retired:lol: so it will be interested to watch when I it in the sun,all summer :lol:
Have a good day everyone
saundra

Postby Kaz » 23 May 2024, 13:13

cromwell wrote:Morning all.
Does pilates do you good Kaz?

Well yes, I can't say I actually enjoy it as it can be quite tough going, but my balance is much better and I have very strong core muscles now. Been doing it for about 7 years, with about a year out during lockdown.
Kaz

Postby Kaz » 23 May 2024, 13:18

Jen I read his story in the newspaper, he certainly had a very narrow squeak! :shock: It was heartening to see the big cheer for him from all sides of the House - some things are more important than politics.

Osc that museum sounds fascinating! My ancestors migrated from Derry, first to Scotland, then the mining villages in the North east, and finally down to London. Pop (my lovely great grandad) came down on one of the miners' matches in the '30s, and decided to bring his whole family down :)

Saundra, Mick is doing ours :) I wish you could come and watch that, with a cuppa and a KitKat :D
Kaz

Next

Return to Cafe