Good morning Tuesday

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Good morning Tuesday

Postby Ally » 11 Jun 2024, 05:57

Good morning.

Another sunny and hot day. Yesterday at 2pm it was 39°. Yikes. :shock:

It's Don's birthday today. The twins are coming over around noon and we're going out for a long lunch. :lol: :cute:

Have a great day.
Ally
Site Admin

Re: Good morning Tuesday

Postby JanB » 11 Jun 2024, 07:09

Morning Ally, morning everyone

Sunny, but cool at the moment. Warming up a little than it has been for the last few days.

Happy Birthday to Don :Hi: :Hi: Have a lovely, long lunch xx

I-m off in a mo, to Ourique and the police station. We-ve been kept awake for the last two nights, with next doors dogs :evil: I rang them at 3.53 this morning, having been woken up at 1.30, and he told me to come in this morning and make a complaint.

Can-t understand why he-s doing this. Oh yes, to make our lives as miserable as possible :shock: :roll:

Back for washing and weeding.

Have a good day everyone, whatever you-re doing xx
JanB

Postby meriad » 11 Jun 2024, 07:42

Good morning you two and everyone

Happy birthday to Don - have a fabulous celebratory lunch
Jan, daft question - but what are the dogs barking at; surely they should be trained to only bark at proper threats and not just at any leaf that rustles in the wind? They're meant to be guard dogs, so if they one day do sound an alarm Brian won't know and he'll lose his animals. He really is such an £$*&&8^%$"$* (insert your word of choice) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Years ago when we were still living in SA we had a neighbour that had two dogs, one a pampered indoor pure breed Malteser poodle and the other a dog that was left outside in all weather. They went away for a week and left poor Toby behind but took the other dog (and Toby was a small dog as well so they could have taken him as well). Anyway poor Toby just barked and howled and barked and howled all night long... eventually we gave him a piece of sausage with a sleeping tablet - peace for all. Until the neighbours got back and we gave them hell. Could you do the same? The sleeping tablet that is, not the giving hell part?

WFH day for me - vet appointment this morning; then boiler service this afternoon. Another chilly start to the day; the heating had been on this morning when I got up :shock:

Have a lovely day all x
meriad

Postby cruiser2 » 11 Jun 2024, 08:03

Good morning everybody,

Still only 16C. The sun is out but there are grey clouds.

Happy birthday to Don.

Am going to school again. Got some more local history to ell the children before i give them a little present.
I have enjoyed talking to them and telling them what it was like when I went to school.
Then back home it will just be pootling. Mayput the washer on as the basket is getting full.

Have a good day everybody.
cruiser2

Postby Kaz » 11 Jun 2024, 08:32

Morning all :)

Wishing Don a very happy birthday, Al! :Hi: :Hi: :Hi: xx

Jan, I hope the complaint is taken seriously, it must be unbearable xx

Ria, I think I would want to give tablets to the neighbour, not the dogs ;) xx

Cruiser, that's so nice :) xx

Well, the sun is out here! Yesterday also turned out sunny, Em and I had a great afternoon wandering around the shops in Cheltenham. Sadly, however, the huge department store there, Cavendish House, has closed - such a shame :( There is a John Lewis, but Cav House was lovely :?

Mick and I are going out for breakfast, then round to D's. Fingers crossed, we seem to have found her a new reliable window cleaner, and the new gardener seems hardworking and reliable, so that's less for us to worry about ;) :lol: xx

Our application for another rescue dog was unsuccessful, as she'd already found a new home, so we've decided to wait until B gets home - but we're definitely going for it then 8-)

Have a good day everyone :) xx
Kaz

Postby Osc » 11 Jun 2024, 09:45

Morning all, it’s fairly dull and dreary here, and so far the outside temperature has only made it to 10 degrees :roll: I’m heading off to do some shopping, we assessed our sun creams yesterday, threw out the almost empties and decided what new ones to get, plus I want a new pair of Skechers and I have to get some birthday cards. Waiting for a while as I’m expecting a parcel to be delivered. Usual tidy around before I go. Edward has gone to play golf and sent me a video of two guys sitting in the middle of the woods, playing guitar and singing :shock: Miss Osc and family are due back from Nice today, looks like they had a great time.

Happy Birthday Don!
Osc

Postby JanB » 11 Jun 2024, 10:59

Two very nice GNR have just been up, following my visit this morning.

They-re off to have a word with next door. They had to come up here and get their klaxon going, several times, but a head popped up eventually :lol:

Re the sleeping tablet, I can-t chuck anything over 3 feet, so 15 metres is a bit of a no :lol: :lol:

Lovely and warm now 8-)
JanB

Postby saundra » 11 Jun 2024, 11:01

Morning all cloudy here
Not much happening here today
Happy birthday to don ally take care everyone
saundra

Postby jenniren » 11 Jun 2024, 11:19

Morning all :D

Dull and ovecast and a bit chlly :roll:

Happy Birthday to Don, enjoy lunch with the boys Ally.
Blimey Jan, you're a lot stronger than me, I'd have given up and moved a long time ago. What an absolute ar****le he is, I hope he gets a big fine.

We're going to the big Tesco in the next hour or so. We haven't been there for a very long time as it's huge and on two floors. Food downstairs, electricals, clothes and sportswear upstairs. We had a delivery yesterday so don't need much, but Ed would like to have a mooch round the sports section. I'll use it as my walking quota for today lol

Hope you all have a good day xx
jenniren

Postby cromwell » 11 Jun 2024, 11:32

Morning all.
13c here, grey and chilly.
Jan, that man will never change. How nobody has done him in is a miracle.
Happy birthday to Don!
Fish and chips tonight, happy days!
Have a lovely day everyone.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Next

Return to Cafe