Good morning Saturday

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Good morning Saturday

Postby Ally » 14 Sep 2024, 05:22

Good morning.

34° forecast but we might have a breeze with that. Hurrah! :lol:

Yesterday went perfectly from start to finish. :P

I'll have a swim this morning then planning on doing nothing but reading. Bliss. :D

New series of SCD tonight which I'm giddily excited about. I've been humming and de de de de de de de ing the theme tune for the past two weeks which in turn reminds Don for the next X amount of weeks Saturday nights are glitter nights. :lol: :lol:

Chinese takeaway for dinner. :)

Have a great day.
Ally
Site Admin

Re: Good morning Saturday

Postby cruiser2 » 14 Sep 2024, 08:23

Good morning Ally and anybody elsewho is up.

It is 16C and the sun is trying to come out. Am going toplant some more crocus bulbs an do some weeding.

Also get stuff ready for packing. I go away for four nights on Monday.

Have a good day everybody.
cruiser2

Postby JanB » 14 Sep 2024, 08:27

Morning Ally, Cruiser and everyone

Sunny and already warm. Mini heatwave for the next week, mid 30's 8-)

Not a lot planned for today. we got the posh car back yesterday :Hi: so Grumpy is happy. No doubt he'll be cleaning it this morning :lol: I might do some spraying of weeds and a little tidy up here and there.

Sadly we have the agave beetle on one of our agaves :cry: Nothing to be done, apart from watch it die. Wish there could be something to kill them off and not the plant, like with the palm weevil.

Meeting friends down at the bar later.

Have a good day everyone, whatever you're doing xx
Last edited by JanB on 14 Sep 2024, 11:13, edited 1 time in total.
JanB

Postby JanB » 14 Sep 2024, 08:28

Have a lovely time Cruiser, where are you going?
JanB

Postby Kaz » 14 Sep 2024, 09:39

Morning all :)

Hope you get that breeze, Al :D xx

Cruiser, have a lovely time :) xx

Glad you got your car back Jan :D xx

It's sunny here, and we're meeting Em and Dave for breakfast at Jolly Nice, the cafe/farm shop up near Stroud. Not been there for a while, so looking forward to it 8-)

Not seeing D today as she's going out for afternoon tea with Jane (J and J are up from Weymouth) and Jane's friend Ann who turns 60 this week. Ann is the wife of Jeff's best friend Andy from school - they joined the Navy together aged 16, and so D has known Ann since she was a girl. We'll see J and J tomorrow, before they go home :)

I'm doing the holiday ironing this afternoon as we're off to Devon on Monday for 5 nights :Hi:

Have a good day everyone :) xx
Kaz

Postby jenniren » 14 Sep 2024, 11:22

Morning all :D

Bright and sunny 8-)

Ally I'll be glued to the box for Strictly this evening too. I'm not overly keen on a couple of the celebrities this year, but who knows they might surprise me. Will definitely miss Giovanni. Talking professional dancers, Vito is doing extremely well on Celebrity Master Chef, I'd love to see him in the final.

We were up at silly o'clock for the dash to M&S before it got too busy. Surprisingly there were more shoppers in there than a usual Saturday, not sure why, but hoping they don't make a habit of it :o :lol:

Not much else planned, think we should get out in the garden for a good tidy, we'll see..........

Hope you all have a good day xx
jenniren

Postby Osc » 14 Sep 2024, 12:00

Morning all, just! I was about to post but then my friend who lives in Boston called around, I had asked her to buy something online and bring it over, a birthday present for Kellie. She (L not Kellie) stayed for coffee and a chat and to discuss meeting up with other friends one evening next week. I have a load of washing on the line, another load done but I might keep it inside as it could rain later.

Speaking of Kellie - the poor little thing was doing a forward flip at gymnastics yesterday, banged her mouth into her knee and broke off 3/4 of one of her front teeth :o :( As their dentist lives nearby, they were able to bring her to her house, then she went back to her surgery so she could dress it, trying to save the root and nerves. Apparently Kellie was very brave, and very practical about it. She goes to the dentist on Thursday to see what the next steps are. Miss Osc said Kellie stayed calm while she and SIL were distraught!
Osc

Postby JanB » 14 Sep 2024, 14:57

Oh, poor Kellie, hope the dentist can sort it all out.
JanB

Return to Cafe