Goodbye Tupperware.

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Goodbye Tupperware.

Postby Workingman » 18 Sep 2024, 14:02

It has gone into administration.

I got married in 1982 and we got loads of the stuff. Those were the days when freezers were rare and fridges very small. It sort of did a job, but I found that it made some foods 'sweat' and go limp. OK to save some leftover stew for the next day, but not much else.

We now have freezers and other alternatives - my cookathon portions are saved in any old container, then in the freezer.

It's main problems were that it lasted so long, over engineered so no ongoing sales, and its price!

I have not seen it for sale for years, but I do remember mum's 'Tupperware Parties' to earn her a few bob.

Sad, but not surprising.
Workingman

Re: Goodbye Tupperware.

Postby Osc » 18 Sep 2024, 15:22

I remember when Michael was little, I saw a pop-up Tupperware stall somewhere and was thrilled to be able to buy him one of those ball things that you could put different shapes into.
Osc

Re: Goodbye Tupperware.

Postby saundra » 18 Sep 2024, 16:20

I just love by Tupperware had loads of it l
Remember that ball osc I will never forget the mega hot summer when we where threatened with hose pipes
We where on holiday in Weymouth so I filled a huge ;) container with squash and gave the boy's a drink and put container on the station slab ,got on the train happy as Larry going home to Cardiff disaster squash in Weymouth station no buffet car bill had to,dash of train at Bristol temple needs for drinks
saundra

Return to Cafe