The Random Thread

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Re: The Random Thread

Postby JoM » 22 Apr 2024, 11:53

Ria, I am pleased with it.
Joe made me laugh when he saw me though. He’s very observant is Joe, I’m sure John won’t notice when he gets home, but as soon as he saw me he said “you’ve had your hair cut!” I said I’d cut it myself…his reply, and I didn’t expect anything different from him, was “I can tell” :lol: :lol: :lol:

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby Kaz » 22 Apr 2024, 15:04

:lol: :lol:
Kaz

Postby JoM » 14 May 2024, 15:01

Twice today I’ve answered the door to couriers asking if I’ll take parcels in for next door, because they’ve noticed the Nurse Sleeping Do No Disturb sign that’s displayed 24/7 by their front door.
I’ve refused both times.
She may be sleeping, two floors up, but he works from home and if I take in parcels I’m disturbed again when they eventually come to collect them.

JoM

Postby meriad » 14 May 2024, 15:42

rightly so. They need to do what a friend of mine has done - leave a big box outside and deliveries can be placed inside said box. Is doorway theft of parcels a problem in your area?
meriad

Postby JoM » 14 May 2024, 22:56

Not that I’m aware of Ria, and we’re on a small cul de sac so don’t get a lot of people passing.

Honestly, if the sign was only there while she was sleeping and then taken down then I’d have no problem taking parcels in.
And the do not disturb thing is a bit of a cheek. They’ve got five kids between them, although thankfully not always there at the same time, and two very yappy little dogs which run through the dog door and start yapping every time one of us steps outside.

JoM

Postby TheOstrich » 14 May 2024, 23:32

JoM wrote:........ and two very yappy little dogs which run through the dog door and start yapping every time one of us steps outside.

Same with our neighbour, Jo. He has a small pug and his daughters often bring theirs over for him to dog-sit.

I've named his dog "Buster Bloodvessel", he goes so frantic, and the other "Odie" after Garfield's yappy friend in the cartoon. :mrgreen:

Last time I saw him walking the dogs out, he stopped to apologise for the yapping, and I said:
"That's OK Alan, no problem. You do realise your dog is weeing all over your boots, though ......" :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
TheOstrich

Previous

Return to Cafe