The Random Thread

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Re: The Random Thread

Postby meriad » 11 Apr 2017, 20:58

Ton, even here in the summer I have to lift the wet food once they've finished eating - I don't leave it down. So come winter they can take their time - in the summer it's 10 or so minutes and then it's gone.
meriad

Postby saundra » 14 Apr 2017, 18:54

Gosh it cold been a really miserable day here bit of sunshine pluse drizzle it's a shame for weekend visitors because there is nothing to do here in bad weather if put the heating on :shock:
saundra

Postby JoM » 14 Apr 2017, 19:33

It's pouring down here now Saundra, glad we decided to walk Billy this afternoon rather than this evening.

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby JanB » 14 Apr 2017, 20:01

We didnpt get the thunderstorm or rain - been glorious. Struggled up to 27C and the pool is warming up by the day :Hi: :Hi: :Hi: I'll be in it next week ;) 8-)
JanB

Postby Osc » 14 Apr 2017, 20:25

Our day ended rather differently than planned. Us ladies had had our main course and just about to order dessert when A's husband N phoned from the golf course to say that his father had been brought to A&E with a suspected stroke. So the golf game was abandoned as was the dessert, we went to collect the men from the golf club and went our separate ways, we were home by 5pm. Heard from A later on that N's father did indeed have a mild stroke, with apparently no permanent damage although they are keeping him in. Such a shock though, I saw this man only last week for the first time in ages and was thinking how well he looked - you just never know, do you.

So we are catching up on some recorded stuff. I think Mr Osc was as glad really, he has had back problems this week which were beginning to ease and maybe if he had played the full game of golf he might have exacerbated them again. A had got in lots of food for the evening, and Mr Osc had made a lovely cheesecake, but she said it will all freeze, and we went back to the house for a cuppa and some of the cheesecake while N had a shower as it rained while they were on the golf course, then we took home the remaining cheesecake. We will just have to arrange another get together, us ladies didn't even cover half of what we needed to talk about ;) :lol:
Osc

Postby JanB » 15 Apr 2017, 10:04

Oh dear Osc, not good.

Not good here either - the wind is blowing smoke from our bonfire over to the not so nice neighbours house 8-) and it's a bit stinky too :roll: :lol: :lol:
JanB

Postby saundra » 15 Apr 2017, 15:08

Hope William (Frank) is ok haven't seen him posting
saundra

Postby Kaz » 15 Apr 2017, 18:49

WM posted yesterday Saundra xx
Kaz

Postby Workingman » 16 Apr 2017, 15:01

:lol: :lol: :lol: I'm still here, Saundra.

Went to the quiz on Friday evening, as usual, but it was called off as Newcastle v Leeds was on the big screens and people were more interested in that.

Spent yesterday afternoon helping M&S organise the room and food for my ex wife's 60th, to which I was invited. Met up with some old mates from my married days once there, esp Sue. She was the one who broke my knee when we were a bit drunk and playing on a bouncy castle at the rugby club - head like a bowling ball, that one. Not a scratch on her, but I ended up for six weeks in a cast from my groin to my ankle. :cry: :P

Got a taxi back so had to brave the wind and rain (7ºC atm) and go recover the car today once I had woken/sobered up. Now waiting for the GP to start.
Workingman

Postby Kaz » 16 Apr 2017, 22:02

:lol: Frank those things are lethal when you 've been drinking. Becky had a bouncy slide for her 5th or 6th birthday party, it was still in the garden that evening so some of us adults decided to have a go! Hilarious but not very dignified unless you wear trousers! :shock: :oops: :lol:
Kaz

PreviousNext

Return to Cafe