We've had to make an itinerary!!

A place to chat with friends, old and new

We've had to make an itinerary!!

Postby Ally » 27 Nov 2012, 21:11

Every time we go to the UK it's always packed full of people to see and things to do. :D

This visit is no exception!! :o

Here is our list..subject to additions!! :lol: :lol:

Thursday: Land at 1pm. Jump on the bus at the airport and go to Yardley..stuff to sort out for Don's mum at the bank. Lunch at a nice little diner, back on a bus and off to Ashley Lodge in Moseley to see Joanie. Another bus to Judi's house to see her (it was going to be town but she's said it's too busy with xmas shoppers). Jump on the final bus to get to our dear friends Gez and Sharon for a meal and a few (well deserved!) beers.

Friday: Up at 7am..I've got an appointment and Don has the solicitor to see. I'm then meeting Agenoria and his wife for a coffee in the town centre. After that I'm meeting my best friend Jackie to go shopping and have a bite of lunch. Then meeting Don and do more shopping! Bus to AL to see Joanie. Bus back to Erdington to Gez and Sharon's. Craig and Leilani will by now have arrived. Few drinks in the kitchen then we're all going out for the night. Yippeeee.

Saturday: Breakfast in a cafe in town with Don, Craig and Leilani. Back to Gez's to pick up our luggage. Say cheerio to Craig and Leilani..they're driving back to Nottingham. Jump on a bus into the city centre and check into our hotel. Get showered and ready and then another bus to AL to see Joanie. Another bus after that to King's Heath where lots of friends will be waiting for us...early doors at the Hare and Hounds. After beers and boogying we're then going out for a meal. Back to the hotel..pooped I should think! :lol: :lol:

Sunday: A day for just me and Don. Con would've been 64 today so it's a bus to Kings Heath park where his ashes were scattered. Another bus to the Robin Hood where Don's dads ashes were scattered. Another bus then to New Oscott cemetery where Don's eldest brother Eddy is buried.
Don reckons after that he'll fancy us going for a nice walk somewhere. Later on we'll have a beer and a meal then back to the hotel.

Monday: Bus to AL to see Joanie. Back to the hotel at noon, check out but leave the luggage there. We're then going to do our Christmas shopping!!!..I have a list and due to time restrictions will not be wavering from it! :lol: :lol:
Back to the hotel, pick the luggage up and get a bus to Marston Green where my friend Jackie lives. We're going out with her and her husband Martin for a few beers and a meal. We're staying the night at her place as it's really close to the airport. :D :D

Tuesday: Up at 4am, Jackie's driving us to the aiport, check in and our flight is at 6.30. :lol:

We should be back home, in our own house by 11.30-12.00 :lol: :lol:

Don had got us tickets to go and have a tour round a local brewery near the jewellery quarter but we've since sussed that is not going to happen!!
Shame..you get to see how beer is made and get 2 pints...each!!
I love beer! :lol: :lol:
He's rang up and checked..we can use the tickets in the spring time. :D :D

It could be..maybe, just maybe, we'll have an early night next Tuesday!! :lol: :lol:
Ally
Site Admin

Re: We've had to make an itinerary!!

Postby Kaz » 27 Nov 2012, 21:23

Busy, busy then ;) :lol: Hope you have a lovely trip :D
Kaz

Postby Workingman » 27 Nov 2012, 21:25

So, itinerary: Shop, drink and eat. :lol:

Have a great time ALE, especially the the visits to loved ones.

I hope the weather holds.... there are rumours of snow! :shock:
Workingman

Postby Diflower » 27 Nov 2012, 22:19

I hope you have that all printed off :)
Sounds like you'll be having a lovely time, and a few quiet bits in between :)
Diflower

Postby saundra » 27 Nov 2012, 23:50

hope it all goes to plan
wouldent it be easier to hire a car
have a nice time anyway
saundra

Postby Ally » 27 Nov 2012, 23:59

Saundra..we don't hire a car for 2 simple reasons.

The first being parking is a nightmare..as is driving through town to even get a parking space.

The second is we both love public transport ( :oops: :P ) and the walking that we get between the stops and our destinations.

Sad..but true. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ally
Site Admin

Postby JoM » 28 Nov 2012, 00:55

I'm worn out just reading that :o

Having just gone into town by car...I'm now wishing we'd taken the train!! It was horrendous, so bad driving in and getting stuck in football traffic that I've had no choice but to put a relegation curse on the Villa :twisted: Coming home we left the theatre at 10, were in the car by the Mailbox 3 minutes later and didn't get to the roundabout by the Childrens Hospital until 10.55pm because the Queensway tunnels are closed nightly for maintenence (for those who don't know the city, that distance is walkable in less than 10 minutes). After that though it was easy and I was putting the kettle on by 11.15pm.

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby Ally » 28 Nov 2012, 08:44

Exactly Jo! :D

Bus and walking in Birmingham every time. :lol: :lol:

Plus it's lovely to walk along, chat and take photos that catch my eye. ;)

Take that curse of the Villa please Jo..that's Craig's team. :lol: :lol:
Ally
Site Admin

Postby cruiser2 » 28 Nov 2012, 10:09

Ally,
Just reading it makes me tired.
Have you thought of buying a weekly bus ticket. This will be cheaper. We can do this where I live. I don't need one as I now get a free bus pass.
Sounds as if you are going to have a good time
cruiser2

Postby Kaz » 28 Nov 2012, 10:26

I'm like you Ally - I'd rather get the bus or train and walk when visiting a city - apart from anything else you get to see more interesting sights I think - as well as the convenience of not needing to find parking 8-) :D
Kaz

Return to Cafe