Fingers crossed and a few vibes please...updated

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Fingers crossed and a few vibes please...updated

Postby Osc » 28 Nov 2012, 17:41

Miss Osc and her husband would love to move back to this area but no financial institution will lend to them, mainly because they are both self employed - I mean, let's face it, they are a bad risk, a solicitor, an accountant, have two houses, never missed a mortgage payment in their lives, don't have to sell their present home because it will rent out very easily - yeah, why would anyone lend them money :evil: :evil: That's the stupidity that is the current banking market here :roll: So they have been looking to rent, and a duplex apartment has just become available, literally across the road from us! She is going to look at it tomorrow, It should be bigger than their own house, although no garden, but Granny and Grandad live across the road and they have a garden ;) Also there is the difficulty that they won't be able to move in until early January as they are going away on the 19th December for a week, so wouldn't have time to organise it all, so perhaps the people renting it out might not want to wait - although I think Miss Osc and hubby would be happy to commit themselves for two years, so that might be a plus in their favour.

I think they have thought it out fully (hope so anyway) because Miss Osc would have the best part of an hour's drive to work from here, but her hubby is keen to start working from home. Where they live now is very close to the city and that would be another change for them to get used to, but assuming that they are adults and able to make up their own minds on the pros and cons, it would be great if this house suited them.

Miss Osc is viewing it in the morning, so fingers crossed that she will like it enough to consider it worth renting for a couple of years until the banks get sense! This is it:

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1285505
Last edited by Osc on 29 Nov 2012, 12:27, edited 1 time in total.
Osc

Re: Fingers crossed and a few vibes please!

Postby Nanna » 28 Nov 2012, 17:49

Hope it works out for them x
Nanna

Postby Kaz » 28 Nov 2012, 17:52

That's a lovely apartment - I do hope they get it 8-) I have a fire just like that one in the living room except mine ahs an oak surround instead of black ;)

Osc I knew the Irish economy has real problems but, my word, if two professional people like that can't get a mortgage what hope is there for the majority? :(

Sending housey vibes {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{x}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Kaz

Postby Aggers » 28 Nov 2012, 17:58

I can't understand the attitude of some bankers during the present crisis. They seem reluctant to help decent trustworthy clients, but will take completely disproportional risks on ventures that might yield them bigger personal bonuses.

I do hope Miss Osc's hopes materialise, and I'm sending some vibes along to help.
Aggers

Postby Workingman » 28 Nov 2012, 18:03

Financial institution madness, but that's how things are nowadays.

Housey type vibes on their way Osc.~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~
Workingman

Postby tonicha » 28 Nov 2012, 18:04

That looks good Osc, fingers, toes and eyes crossed.

Was that your place throughthe kitchen window?
tonicha

Postby JoM » 28 Nov 2012, 18:24

It looks a lovely place, very light and spacious! Fingers crossed it works out for them!

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby Osc » 28 Nov 2012, 18:54

fusetajan wrote:Was that your place through the kitchen window?

No Ton, it's not! That window looks out on to the street that is parallel to ours, our house is on the other side and they wouldn't actually be able to see it from any of their windows because of the shape of the little development.
Osc

Postby Gal » 28 Nov 2012, 19:07

Oh my word that is gorgeous!! 8-)

Many housey type vibes for them both xxx
Gal

Postby Diflower » 28 Nov 2012, 19:15

That sounds exciting Osc :)
Vibes of course on their way :)
Diflower

Next

Return to Cafe