Fingers crossed and a few vibes please...updated

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Re: Fingers crossed and a few vibes please!

Postby Fugitive » 28 Nov 2012, 19:28

Lovely property Osc and sounds like a good move all round. Good luck to them and a two year rental agreement should make the landlords happy and give Miss Osc and husband time to discover if this lifestyle suits them as opposed to City Life.
Fugitive

Postby Weka » 28 Nov 2012, 20:34

Looks lovely Osc!!
I hope it works out for them.

Have they tried getting a business banker to review their finances? This is what we have had to do. Hubby is also self employed, I don't work, and we have 2 little ones. Hubby's contracts are for 3 months though in reality they run for a couple of years. A normal mortgage lender at the bank looks at that and goes "oh contract ending soon, other doesn't work = high risk, computer says no".

But our business banker man said give me last 2 years accounts, then it was an easy yes decision for the mortgage.
Everything happens for a reason
Weka

Postby Fugitive » 29 Nov 2012, 10:48

Interesting advice Weka as apart from my very first mortgage in the 1970s all my borrowing has been via the business bank manager route and based on two or three years audited accounts. I was turned down once as I didn't have three years to show them and during this time I was signing mortgage applications for my employees confirming their incomes and they all got their mortgages and I didn't! Crazy eh? :roll:
Fugitive

Postby meriad » 29 Nov 2012, 12:22

Osc that apartment looks stunning so sending tons and tons of vibes your way. Fingers and toes crossed
meriad

Postby Osc » 29 Nov 2012, 12:26

I think they have tried that route also, but no go :roll:

Anyway.......she had a look this morning, Mr. Osc was with her. It's not too bad, but apparently smells terrible, the previous tenant had at least one cat, but it seems he spent a lot of time away, so the place really smells :shock: The agent said they would be having it professionally cleaned. Miss Osc said she could probably live in it, the bedrooms are small, but the little office would suit SIL very well and the living space downstairs would be fine. However, there was another couple viewing, who have been living in an apartment there for three years, they have two children and could move in before Christmas, so Miss Osc reckons they will get it. We shall see, if it's for them it won't pass them by. The photos were taken before the last tenant moved in, we reckon, Mr. Osc says there are cat scratch marks all over the leather sofa and there are a few bits and pieces that need attention.
Osc

Re: Fingers crossed and a few vibes please...updated

Postby jenniren » 29 Nov 2012, 12:55

We shall see, if it's for them it won't pass them by.

I'm a great believer in that Osc. If this one doesn't work out I'm sure it'll be because something much better is just round the corner xxx
jenniren

Postby Teaspoon » 29 Nov 2012, 13:15

That's a good way to think about it. It sounds as if they are not 100% sure so maybe the decision will be made for them.
Teaspoon

Postby saundra » 29 Nov 2012, 16:18

hope my vibes help osc
if its for them it will happen
saundra

Postby Kaz » 29 Nov 2012, 17:28

Nothing worse than that 'cat' smell - you'd think they'd have had it cleaned before the viewings :roll:

I agree with you Osc, if it was meant to be it will happen 8-) xxx
Kaz

Postby KateLMead » 29 Nov 2012, 17:44

I have just seen this thread, they are a lovely couple and deserve to be content..loving vibes coming your way..
KateLMead

PreviousNext

Return to Cafe