Good Morning Thursday

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Re: Good Morning Thursday

Postby Diflower » 29 Nov 2012, 11:17

Morning all :)
Phew, here at last - for a short while! Each time I sat here this morning I've had to get straight up again before I could do anything (exasperated smiley)...oh and just realised still haven't had breakfast :roll:

It's gorgeous, clear blue sky and sunny, don't care about the cold!
Ton hope you get on ok at the hospital.
Teaspoon that sounds quite exciting, apart from the drive, especially for your son. I quite like driving, not busy motorways but good roads, just me in the car :)

Weka hope you've recovered now :)
Hope no-one has the rain still.
Di
x
Diflower

Postby victor » 29 Nov 2012, 11:28

morning all,lovely and sunny ,quite warm ,but we have SNOW in the mountains and thats where it stays thankfully.

the locals go up there every year,make a small snowman on the bonnet of the car then race down mountain roads to see if they can make the seafront to show off their snowman! Usually ends with forest rangers closing the roads while all the crashed cars are removed !

Ton what have you been upto now ?

have a good day all and take care
victor

Postby Gal » 29 Nov 2012, 11:28

Morning everyone :D

We have sun but there is frost all over the place and it's cooooooold!!!! I would far rather have that than the wet stuff though - might even pop out and enjoy it soon :) I keep thinking it's Friday though for some reason....

Ooo Weka that was a shock!! I left Jen in the car a handful of times back in the day but times were very different 20 odd years ago! And where you live, it's probably still like that....I had a mini panic yesterday (it doesn't take much!) when I went to get back in the car, a) I thought I'd lost my parking ticket - you need it to pay for the parking and b) I couldn't immediately see my little car in the spot I'd parked it in....a huge car had parked beside me but until I got right up to it, the space looked empty! Scary stuff :( :oops: Nothing on a par with you though xxx

Have a safe trip Ally, it's very cold here to what you're used to though :o

Glad M is home safe Kaz....bet you're relieved! Nice to get a gift ;) :)

Have a good day folks! xx
Gal

Postby fudgie21 » 29 Nov 2012, 12:10

Frosty first thing but lovely and sunny now, Husband has gone to help a neighbour and i have done my chores so the rest of the day is mine....might just go hang gliding later or maybe absailing(?) or perhaps walk the dog.... :lol:
Kindness is the language the blind can see and the deaf can hear....Mark Twain.
fudgie21

Postby JoM » 29 Nov 2012, 12:19

Teaspoon wrote:Morning all.

Bright and sunny here but cold.

A busy day for me with studying, shopping, dog walk, phone calls and then, if all goes to plan I have to drive eldest up to Cannock this evening. Well, he'll be at Cannock tomorrow and we're staying tonight at Tamworth. I'm not looking forward to it, I don't really like driving, but he's got the chance to try out for the England College team for his sport. The only problem is the weather, I hope it's not called off at the last minute due to frost.

Vibes to those who need them and hope you all have a good day. :)

I live in Cannock! Is it the cricket and hockey club he'll be at?

Good morning all, it's a very bright one but so cold and frosty!
I've been to the gym and now I'm all showered and Billy and I are waiting for John to come back from a bike ride so that we can go for a brisk, long walk on the Chase after lunch.
John's got today and tomorrow off as he still has to use up his holiday allocation for this year before Christmas, I think this leaves him two more days to fit in.

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby Teaspoon » 29 Nov 2012, 13:07

JoM wrote: I live in Cannock! Is it the cricket and hockey club he'll be at?

That's right :)

Sounds like you're busy, otherwise we could have had a VV mini meet :D
Teaspoon

Postby Kaz » 29 Nov 2012, 17:22

Well I'm back but what a complete 'mare I've had out there today! First of all the buses into town were delayed and the traffic horrendous due to the roads outside the city being affected by the flooding! Ditto the bus out to Quedgeley! Then the receptionist at the vets had no idea where B's work experience form was or if it had been signed! So I said I would wander round the shops for an hour and come back :roll: Thankfully when I did it had been found and signed :D Phew!!

Then the buses were really bad again on the return trip..................on top of the delays caused by flooding there had sadly been a fatal accident in the city centre earlier involving a pedestrian and a car :( Yesterday there was a serious fire in another city centre road............it's not been the best of weeks here!

I set off at 12 and have only been home about 20 minutes :shock:

B's bus ran for college thankfully but the trip took 40 minutes instead of 20 as they were diverted round the flooding..................

Where is Noah when you need him?
Kaz

Postby Gal » 29 Nov 2012, 17:39

Gosh that sounds really serious!! Glad you're home and safe now anyway xx
Gal

Previous

Return to Cafe