Trump and Saudi Arabia

A board for news and views on what's happening in the world

Trump and Saudi Arabia

Postby cromwell » 22 May 2017, 09:18

It looks like the Saudis are buying their way into Trump's good books, with big arms orders. Where this leaves the situation with some rich Saudis financing IS I don't know.

But the big thing is, as has been mentioned on here before, when does the war on Iran start? The Saudis hate Iran and vice versa. The Saudis are backing the rebellion in Syria to get Syria out of the way as it is an ally of Iran. If Putin hadn't stuck his oar in Assad would probably be history by now; which is why I think Putin is getting all the bad press recently.

The middle east never gets any better. There is always trouble there; we should keep out noses out but we don't.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Re: Trump and Saudi Arabia

Postby manxie » 22 May 2017, 11:14

Again I agree with you.

However whilst not just the USA but us and others are all supplying the fuel (weapons) to keep the fires of war going in the middle east??

When will it all stop I wonder??

I doubt I will be alive to see it but I can honestly see WW 3 becoming a reality.

AND

If this does come to pass it will be the end of life as we know it for centuries if not for ever.

Unless the whole world gets its act together to stem all this trouble sorted once and for all NOW.

Manxie xx
manxie

Postby Workingman » 22 May 2017, 14:27

Trump: It was a piece of theatre with spectacular bad timing.

The visit had been planned for ages with the arms deal already on the table and only the public signing ceremony to close it out. It was also clear that Trump was going to speak to Moslems and play up to his Saudi hosts at the same time by naming Iran as the source of all the ME's troubles.

However, the Yanks could not have possibly missed the fact that while Trump would be lambasting Iran that country's election results would be in and counted. They could not possibly have missed the swing in Iran towards the moderates; they only had to read the papers. And so it turned out that the moderates won outright, but before even giving them a chance to press the reset button Trump has painted them as being no better than the old hardliners they swept before them.

It cannot possibly any surprise, then, that the Iranians have come out and strongly criticised the US/Saudi arms deal.

Remind me again who is causing the trouble in the Middle East.
Workingman

Postby Suff » 22 May 2017, 14:30

Workingman wrote:Remind me again who is causing the trouble in the Middle East.

Everyone!! As always.
There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand Binary and those who do not.
Suff

Return to News and Current Affairs