The hottest year for 125,000 years.

A board for news and views on what's happening in the world

The hottest year for 125,000 years.

Postby Workingman » 29 Dec 2023, 21:20

That's what the records show. More storms, heatwaves, floods, droughts, landslides: you name it we got it. We even got, counter-intuitively, record snowfalls and avalanches because of it.

But don't worry, folks. Heat pumps, EVs and their driveless pod cousins, windmills and solar slabs will save the 8,3bn of us who in 2025 will be eating up ever more of the World's finite resources. The global economy must grow you know. The world needs more million and billionaires.

I have two grandchildren under the age of four. I hate to think what their world will be like when they reach my age (70). Think of all the unnecessary tat billions of us bought over Christmas, every Christmas, and most of it will soon be in the rubbish bin - that's where humanity is heading.
Workingman

Re: The hottest year for 125,000 years.

Postby cruiser2 » 30 Dec 2023, 12:15

I only bought a crochet wool doll for my grand-daughter. She willkeep it with all the other presents Ihave bought her overthe years isnce she was born.

I try to re-cycle as much waste as posible
cruiser2

Re: The hottest year for 125,000 years.

Postby Suff » 03 Jan 2024, 12:58

There is no saving the future generations because it is so inconvenient.

I was being treated to the latest denial rendition on the 30th about how CO2 is such a tiny amount of the atmosphere and we have added such a tiny amount on top of that tiny amount that it can't possibly be us. So we should just get newer and bigger fossil fuelled vehicles, use more gas and travel as much as possible.

So what does happen when you 10,000 mile long see saw with 10 trillion tons of weight on each end, gets a few pennies on top to overbalance it and when it starts it's 1,000 mile fall, we start chucking on pounds then tons of weight, increasing the momentum??

We know what we have to do and we know how much has to be done and recycling has almost nothing to do with it.
There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand Binary and those who do not.
Suff

Return to News and Current Affairs