The dead boat people.

A board for news and views on what's happening in the world

The dead boat people.

Postby Workingman » 23 Apr 2024, 21:46

I watched the BBC report of the incident and there are questions.

The boat was launched and was 10-15 metres offshore before people started boarding. This is all on film so why was it not intercepted? Police on the beach claimed that they are not allowed in the water due to safety concerns - fair enough. But why were there not police in semi-rigid outboards there to send it back or sink it?

Ah but they were. Reports are now that when people went overboard they were taken from the water but sadly a woman and young girl had drowned. This was only a few hundred metres from shore. At that point the French should have taken over and sent it back... or towed it back. But no, they let it, a dangerously overloaded inflatable dingy, sail on.

Three of the dead never left the boat so how did they die? Accident or murder? We know that rival gangs were on the boat, some of them armed.

Later the French took 47 people of the boat but again let 57 others sail on to the UK.. WHY?
Workingman

Re: The dead boat people.

Postby cromwell » 24 Apr 2024, 07:40

Maybe the French are glad to see the back of these people, just as we would be? I certainly can't see them busting a gut to keep them.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby Kaz » 24 Apr 2024, 08:15

I think the French want it to be our problem :? The whole issue is toxic for governments, so it's pass the parcel - except there are real people involved........
Kaz

Postby victor » 24 Apr 2024, 20:11

They know the risks they run but are prepared to risk to get to the promised land,where everything is free and waiting for them.

Sent from my SM-A127F using Tapatalk
victor

Postby Suff » 25 Apr 2024, 00:26

If you didn't know they pass these people round and round the country, giving them English, not French, lessons; then just happen to pass them to a location close to shore or port. If they don't come in again they just quietly cross them off the list....

It is the French way.
There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand Binary and those who do not.
Suff

Postby cromwell » 25 Apr 2024, 11:36

Slightly off topic but according to Minister for Justice Helen McEntee 80% of Ireland's asylum seekers are coming over the border from Northern Ireland.
Unfortunately the irish government insisted during Brexit that there should be no hard border between the Republic and Northern Ireland, to safeguard the Good Friday Agreement.
I think this is called the law of unintended consequences.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Return to News and Current Affairs