What is going on with the Royals?

A board for news and views on what's happening in the world

Re: What is going on with the Royals?

Postby jenniren » 16 May 2024, 23:33

Suff wrote:If Catherine is really ill and unlikely to pull through, there will be no forgiveness from William to Harry. He will find himself very abruptly terminated from the family.

I am a royalist but even if I was not I would wish the family health and happiness as I would for anyone in times like this.

Absolutely agree Suff.

I sincerely hope the lack of news about Catherine is to give her time and peace to recover. If her cancer is serious she will be going through strong treatment which has all sorts of side effects, loss of hair and so on. Not easy for anyone, but even more so if you are expected to do it all under media scrutiny.
jenniren

Postby miasmum » 17 May 2024, 08:16

I don't think for one minute Catherine is seriously ill Her chemo was for preventative treatment. Im sure she feels pretty rough and thats why she's taking all time she needs, but I doubt very much she's planning her funeral
miasmum

Postby Workingman » 17 May 2024, 19:35

Charles is not as well as things seem and has handed over many duties to William, and the news on Kate is very quiet.

I am not a Monarchist by any stretch but I do hope the family is not going through hell behind the scenes with their medical issues.

Charles is not well, and he is old, let's not kid ourselves. His time is closing. Kate's heath is a concern, she will be the future Kings consort after all.

My quotes.

I might be a Republican, but please do not make out that I am not concerned for the health of the individuals or that you Royalists are more concerned.

There is a media PR exercise going on here and I want to know what and why. Charles is 75 and suffering from (unknown) cancer. Will he abdicate, it is not beyond bounds? The other week, Maundy Thursday, he had to be driven less than 200m from his flat to the chapel - that is not a good sign.
Last edited by Workingman on 17 May 2024, 22:15, edited 1 time in total.
Workingman

Postby Workingman » 17 May 2024, 20:09

Double post, see above. Could not delete the second version.
Workingman

Postby Suff » 22 May 2024, 22:31

Workingman wrote:I might be a Republican, but please do not make out that I am not concerned for the health of the individuals or that you Royalists are more concerned.

There is a media PR exercise going on here and I want to know what and why. Charles is 75 and suffering from (unknown) cancer. Will he abdicate, it is not beyond bounds? The other week, Maundy Thursday, he had to be driven less than 200m from his flat to the chapel - that is not a good sign.

We know your concern is real WM. Regardless of political views your compassion has been on show many times over the years. So I'm not dissing you on that.

For Charles? Don't know? It's supposed to be prostrate right? My Uncle has that and at his age they have decided on monitoring at this stage rather than treatment.

For Catherine I suspect that William is in full protective mode. He's done this before. There was likely a meeting of the active royals and a clear doling out of duties until she is fully fit to carry out them. Unlikely we'll ever know though.

I wish them all well and I ignore all the noise from press and media.
There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand Binary and those who do not.
Suff

Previous

Return to News and Current Affairs