A General Election on the 4th of July.

A board for news and views on what's happening in the world

Re: A General Election on the 4th of July.

Postby Workingman » 23 May 2024, 13:17

Cromwell, Risky Sunhat has had that look for some time. He has probably known the outcome since he took over from Truss and before her the party Buffoon.
Workingman

Postby Kaz » 23 May 2024, 13:24

I said the same about Sunak when he was making that soggy speech.
Kaz

Postby cromwell » 23 May 2024, 17:54

Workingman wrote:Cromwell, Risky Sunhat has had that look for some time. He has probably known the outcome since he took over from Truss and before her the party Buffoon.

Have to disagree. Sunak thought he was sure to do better. Going from four points behind to twenty five points behind would suggest he was wrong.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby Workingman » 23 May 2024, 18:15

Ah, so he was the eternal optimist and thought he could win, eh? I think not. He has always had the look of a loser who was on borrowed time, and he knew it.

A big problem for the Cons is who will replace him. I'm looking for clues.

65, so far, are dropping out, including useless ministers, many more of their MPs will lose in the GE anyway. They really do need talent to come in, but from where?
Workingman

Postby miasmum » 23 May 2024, 18:49

I'm just so excited to be going into the utopia that Labour keep promising us. Not sure where the money is coming from, but lets not worry about that, just look forward to this wonderful new dawn :Hi:
miasmum

Postby cromwell » 23 May 2024, 18:51

Workingman wrote:A big problem for the Cons is who will replace him. I'm looking for clues.

I've got a sneaky feeling that "Lord"Cameron fancies the job.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby Workingman » 23 May 2024, 19:17

miasmum wrote:I'm just so excited to be going into the utopia that Labour keep promising us.

And so you should be after the multiple car crashes the present lot have driven us to.

I have never voted Labour and never will, but I am deserting this version of the Conservatives. NOTA for me.

Cromwell; scaredy cat of UKIP Cameron as Con leader, do be brief. Another Con loser. His Brexit referendum mess has destroyed the country. 48% will vote against him, many will abstain. and the few remaining Berksits will be drunk and unable to stand.
Workingman

Postby Suff » 23 May 2024, 20:06

cromwell wrote:
Workingman wrote:A big problem for the Cons is who will replace him. I'm looking for clues.

I've got a sneaky feeling that "Lord"Cameron fancies the job.

To be fair he didn't lose an election. Referendum, yes, election, no. It is my suspicion that the party members who forced him out after the referendum loss deeply and bitterly regret it. Therefore he was recycled into the Sunak government to give them a choice when Sunak goes down.

I hear a lot of mumbling in Scotland. The election is in the School holidays and the campers are seriously NOT Happy. Mind you they can apply for postal votes and send them in up front if they have holidays booked, so I don't know what they are whinging about? Apart from having to make a bit more effort.

Sucks to be on a serious diet when you just want to get multiple large bags of popcorn and sit back and watch the multiple train wrecks unfold! Toffee popcorn even.... :P
There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand Binary and those who do not.
Suff

Previous

Return to News and Current Affairs