A board for news and views on what's happening in the world

Re: How absolutely tragic!

Postby miasmum » 23 Dec 2012, 21:01

I don't understand how it was so easy either
miasmum

Postby Workingman » 23 Dec 2012, 21:31

If I am the manager it goes something like this:

"Right chaps, gather round, we have Royalty on board this evening. The other Royals have been given unregistered, ex-directory, private numbers if they want information. Got that? The numbers are secret, encrypted and code protected. If you are not in the 'Need to know' group you will not have the code. Anyone ringing main reception pretending to be Harry or Pippa or Charles are obviously having a laugh, so here's what we do (whisper, whisper, whisper)....... and then after an hour or so of messing them about we hang up."

From my POV it was the hospital that failed, and it failed miserably... and the media made it worse.

I can imagine the treatment Ms Saldanha got from her managers... and it would not have been supportive.
Workingman

Postby Oojamaflip » 24 Dec 2012, 09:51

Workingman wrote:If I am the manager it goes something like this:

"Right chaps, gather round, we have Royalty on board this evening. The other Royals have been given unregistered, ex-directory, private numbers if they want information. Got that? The numbers are secret, encrypted and code protected. If you are not in the 'Need to know' group you will not have the code. Anyone ringing main reception pretending to be Harry or Pippa or Charles are obviously having a laugh, so here's what we do (whisper, whisper, whisper)....... and then after an hour or so of messing them about we hang up."

From my POV it was the hospital that failed, and it failed miserably... and the media made it worse.

I can imagine the treatment Ms Saldanha got from her managers... and it would not have been supportive.

I couldn't agree more, as I've said right from the start. The poor DJs are unwitting bit players in this whole tragic saga. 'Blame' is never helpful in such a situation because it can be spread so far: including those who loved her most, ie her family, who knew exactly what was going on in her life to make her try and kill herself on previous occasions. It becomes a ridiculous game of who is more to blame than others. No, again, the only person who made the decision to kill herself that day was Jacintha herself - and this time she was successful in getting her wish. Suicide is at once very selfish but very, very sad and all too often the repercussions add to the already tragic situation. Keith Vaz especially, could now do well to keep quiet. For this to be continued to be played out in public serves no purpose.
<>< The reward that outdoes all others is the peace of knowing that you did the right thing ><>
Oojamaflip

Postby KateLMead » 25 Dec 2012, 16:50

Abit worrying when we learn of the poor woman's psychological problems and the extreme stress levels that she suffered with, that she had such a heavy load of responsibility placed on her shoulders within the NHS....
KateLMead

Previous

Return to News and Current Affairs