What is going on with the Royals?

A board for news and views on what's happening in the world

What is going on with the Royals?

Postby Workingman » 16 May 2024, 14:55

The media is suddenly awash with stories about them: Harry, Harry and Megan; William, William and Kate; Charles, Charles and Camilla. Any positive story, no matter how irrelevant, is endlessly covered.

Are we being primed for some announcement?

Charles is not as well as things seem and has handed over many duties to William, and the news on Kate is very quiet.

I am not a Monarchist by any stretch but I do hope the family is not going through hell behind the scenes with their medical issues.
Workingman

Re: What is going on with the Royals?

Postby Kaz » 16 May 2024, 16:31

I think, in the immediate future, that Charles will be ok. I am more worried about Catherine, not least because she has three very young children, and also because it's quite likely William will be king in the not too distant future; and how would he shoulder that massive responsibility with a young family, and no Kate :? :(
Kaz

Postby medsec222 » 16 May 2024, 16:53

I have thought along the same lines as you Kaz, on more than a couple of occasions. There will be many in the country who are very concerned about the health of Kate and will be wishing her God speed with her recovery. How long the King will be able to continue in a full role is difficult to say and more and more duties are bound to be placed on William's shoulders. The Harry and Meghan saga will not have helped the Royal family and my guess is that William, once he is King, will deal with them much more firmly than his father has up to now.
medsec222

Postby Kaz » 16 May 2024, 17:06

I couldn't agree more, medsec! I really hope they will both recover well, but Catherine in particular is keeping such a low profile ....... :?

Harry needs to be very firmly dealt with, there is no justification for his and Meghan's behaviour :evil:
Kaz

Postby Suff » 16 May 2024, 18:10

If Catherine is really ill and unlikely to pull through, there will be no forgiveness from William to Harry. He will find himself very abruptly terminated from the family.

I am a royalist but even if I was not I would wish the family health and happiness as I would for anyone in times like this.
There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand Binary and those who do not.
Suff

Postby Workingman » 16 May 2024, 18:44

So, even though I am not a Royalist or Monarchist, I am not alone in being cocerned for the family members.

Charles is not well, and he is old, let's not kid ourselves. His time is closing. Kate's heath is a concern, she will be the future Kings consort after all,

All this is a private matter for the family, yes, but it is also a public matter in political and constitutional terms.

We, the subjects, need to know what is going on.
Workingman

Postby Suff » 16 May 2024, 21:27

Yes we should know but not obsessively.
There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand Binary and those who do not.
Suff

Postby Kaz » 16 May 2024, 21:44

I agree with you Suff.
Kaz

Postby Workingman » 16 May 2024, 22:01

But the media is being obsessive. Why?
Workingman

Postby Kaz » 16 May 2024, 22:26

They've been obsessive about the Royals for many years - since Diana came along in fact.
Kaz

Next

Return to News and Current Affairs