A board for news and views on what's happening in the world

How absolutely tragic!

Postby Kaz » 07 Dec 2012, 16:46

I hope those two idiots from that radio station can live with themselves :(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20645838
Kaz

Re: How absolutely tragic!

Postby tonicha » 07 Dec 2012, 17:36

I cannot tell you how much I want to really really hurt those two, the same way they have hurt those poor womans two children.

Such a tragic thing to happen.

RIP
tonicha

Postby Kaz » 07 Dec 2012, 17:40

I know Ton.....................what a horrible, sad twist to this sorry story :cry:
Kaz

Postby KateLMead » 07 Dec 2012, 17:47

malicious intent, and I hope their stupid call from those idiots is treated as such, it has cost the father and children the tragic loss of wife and mother, and King Edwards the loss of a dedicated nurse..
KateLMead

Postby Oojamaflip » 07 Dec 2012, 17:49

It's terribly sad, of course it is, but what sane rational person kills themself over such a stupid thing? The radio presenters acted in a questionable manner, but, they did what they do and, when you listen to the recording, 'tried it on' in the most ridiculous and unbelievable way. They are not responsible for the decisions made by another adult person. ANY health professional knows that patient confidentiality is paramount, so I was expecting to hear that Jacintha Saldanha had lost her job, but not that she'd killed herself. It's awful, but I do hope that Michael Christian and Mel Greig are not metaphorically hung, drawn and quartered over this tragedy. Hang, draw and quarter them for being Aussies, that's fairy nuff, but not for being just a little bit silly.
<>< The reward that outdoes all others is the peace of knowing that you did the right thing ><>
Oojamaflip

Postby KateLMead » 07 Dec 2012, 18:03

Oojamaflip wrote:It's terribly sad, of course it is, but what sane rational person kills themself over such a stupid thing? The radio presenters acted in a questionable manner, but, they did what they do and, when you listen to the recording, 'tried it on' in the most ridiculous and unbelievable way. They are not responsible for the decisions made by another adult person. ANY health professional knows that patient confidentiality is paramount, so I was expecting to hear that Jacintha Saldanha had lost her job, but not that she'd killed herself. It's awful, but I do hope that Michael Christian and Mel Greig are not metaphorically hung, drawn and quartered over this tragedy. Hang, draw and quarter them for being Aussies, that's fairy nuff, but not for being just a little bit silly.

Evidently their last stupid act was not the first time they have been in trouble ooj. Jacintha obviously felt deeply shamed, and it is not unusual for individuals of ethnic origin to react in a different manner from how we would react were we in her position.
KateLMead

Postby miasmum » 07 Dec 2012, 18:06

I don't really understand it. I hadn't heard anything about it before, the hospital weren't taking any action and she wasn't the nurse that gave the information out anyway, she just answered the phone. Sorry I fail to understand why :?
miasmum

Postby Kaz » 07 Dec 2012, 18:13

Evidently their last stupid act was not the first time they have been in trouble ooj. Jacintha obviously felt deeply shamed, and it is not unusual for individuals of ethnic origin to react in a different manner from how we would react were we in her position

No - apparently the last time they were a little bit silly they tricked a young girl into admitting she'd been raped - live on radio.

C&P'd from the BBC website:

The Australian Communications and Media Authority (Acma) has said it had received complaints about the call.

Radio station 2Day FM has previously been in trouble with Acma for incidents including one when a 14-year-old girl revealed on air that she had been raped.

They sound delightful people.

I agree with what Kate said - in some cultures being 'shamed' - shown up in public like this, they made her look such a fool - is the worse possible thing that can happen to a person. It was obviously all too much for this poor woman :(
Kaz

Postby Workingman » 07 Dec 2012, 19:04

I feel desperately sad for her an her family, but I don't get it either, unless she had been the victim of bullying from other staff or something of the sort.

And I do not understand the statement from the hospital that she had not been suspended or disciplined by the hospital. Why should she be under any investigation or sanction for answering the phone?
Workingman

Postby debih » 07 Dec 2012, 19:59

I also feel desperately sad for her family but I really don't think the two idiots who made the call can be blamed.

Very, very sad though.
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone!
debih

Next

Return to News and Current Affairs