Poor Nigel.

A board for news and views on what's happening in the world

Re: Poor Nigel.

Postby Workingman » 16 Jun 2024, 13:55

Well now, the polls are coming thick and fast.

A Survation one of 22,000 people shows:
Labour: 456 seats
Tories: 72 seats
Lib Dems: 56 seats
Reform UK: 7 seats
Plaid Cymru: 2 seats
Green Party: 1 seat

Another by Savant of 2,045 people shows:
Labour: 46% (+2)
Tories: 21% (-4)
Reform UK: 13% (+3)
Lib Dems: 11% (+2)
SNP: 2% (-1)
Other: 3% (-1)

Then there's the one of Tory members with 173.8% saying they want the party animal aka, the Fat buffoon, as leader. No, that's not true, he does not get a single vote. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The real results are that 25.5% want Mr Run Away - the cowardly Cameron - as leader while 20.3% want Fartcage, :roll: even though he is not a Conservative member. Others want Mordaunt with 18.6%, Badenoch on 7.7%, Cleverly on 6.6%, Patel on 6%, Tugendhat on 5.2%, Braverman on 4.7%, Coutinho 3.2% and, in last place, Jenrick with 2.3%.

With that team of runners and riders it is no wonder that the first poll puts the Tories on only 72 seats. I suppose it could be worse, Grant Schnapps, alias Michael Green, Corinne Stockheath and Sebastian Fox, could have got some votes (each). :shock: :shock:
Workingman

Postby cromwell » 16 Jun 2024, 15:41

As soon as Cameron was inveigled back into the cabinet I said that they were lining him up for life after Sunak.
I don't get it though.
The Conservatives are heading for a battering (imo) because they aren't very Conservative any more - so they bring back Cameron, the self proclaimed "heir to Blair"?
Am I missing something?
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby Workingman » 16 Jun 2024, 16:31

Yes. For the leadership, rounds of elections will be held by Tory MPs only, and they will whittle down the list of candidates, who must be sitting MPs. They and the members will then get to choose between the last two standing - OMOV style.

The Tories cannot go for Cowardly Cameron as he is not a Tory MP, nor can they choose Fartcage, for the same reason.
Workingman

Postby Suff » 18 Jun 2024, 23:09

What a time to be on a diet. No popcorn consumption. Meh.

Did Cameron get put forward for a seat? As I say I've been totally ignoring everything about this election.
There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand Binary and those who do not.
Suff

Previous

Return to News and Current Affairs