Doctor reveals that sick babies go on Death Pathway.

A board for news and views on what's happening in the world

Re: Doctor reveals that sick babies go on Death Pathway.

Postby Workingman » 01 Dec 2012, 22:30

In the early 80s my mum had her fourth heart valve op. Unknown to the surgeons she had a stomach ulcer and it burst under the trauma of the operation. Mum caught septicaemia and was on life support. I was flown back from RAFG to be with her. The doctors told me that she could be there for months, or could die.... the choice was to leave her on life support, or turn it off. I was the only one who could make the decision. Whatever I decided would be acted upon, the doctors made that absolutely clear.

What I find so upsetting with LCP, as it is practised in some places, is that money has become involved. Money should never, ever, be a deciding factor in whether one lives or dies. I find that obscene.
Workingman

Postby KateLMead » 02 Dec 2012, 21:23

People will do anything for money Frank. I truly believe money is the driving force behind what has become an obcene practice..
KateLMead

Postby Aggers » 03 Dec 2012, 20:01

Oh, God. I can't believe I'm reading this.

It's like something from an horrific science-fiction book.
Aggers

Postby KateLMead » 03 Dec 2012, 20:44

Thats exactly how I have felt since first raising the subject since reading about it months ago.. How long before people take a stand against these death squads, because that is what they are.
KateLMead

Postby KateLMead » 05 Dec 2012, 08:51

And now we are now informed that the elderly will not be given life saving treatment if they suffer a heart attack or if they have had cancer!!! However on the other hand we are informed government are about to build thousands of new houses outside of London and other major cities to accomodate immigrants... that will create more ghetto's! Priorities...Priorities...
KateLMead

Previous

Return to News and Current Affairs