Doctor reveals that sick babies go on Death Pathway.

A board for news and views on what's happening in the world

Doctor reveals that sick babies go on Death Pathway.

Postby KateLMead » 29 Nov 2012, 16:34

My God this news creates the shock and pain I felt when I took my children around Belsen, and horror at the support for the Nazi's..
No need to gas people, however the result is the same with these children and elderly that are being put to death
and even more shocking is the fact that children and babies are surviving when taken off Pathway as well as adults. 30,000 elderly met their maker last year...
Bernadette Lloyd a hospice pediatric nurse has written to the Cabinet office and to The department of health to criticise the use of Pathway for children.. She states that the parents feel coerced at a very tragic time into agreeing that this, following doctors telling the parents that the child is dying . (however it is rare that anyone can predict death) and many have recovered when taken off Pathway..
She says "I have seen children die in terrible thirst because fluids are withdrawn from them until they die"
I saw a 14 year old boy die with his tongue stuck to the roof of his mouth when doctors refused to give him liquid by tube, his death was agonising for him and for us nurses to watch" she states "This is euthanasia by the back door"..
The Evil of Money!! hospitals being paid millions if they reach these death targets..
I shall on my next visit to my doctor ask if he approves of Pathway, and whether the surgery renders the lists as requested by Government of those whom they believe will be suitable candidates to be put down . My letters on this subject have been met with anger and denial in the past elsewhere. I am beginning to think we are being run by a load of Nazi's...
KateLMead

Re: Doctor reveals that sick babies go on Death Pathway.

Postby janiee » 29 Nov 2012, 18:18

I saw this heading on the front page of a newspaper today and was really shocked, its horrible! Before long all babies born with a disability will be left to die so they dont cost the country anything in healthcare etc :cry:
janiee

Postby KateLMead » 29 Nov 2012, 19:29

janiee wrote:I saw this heading on the front page of a newspaper today and was really shocked, its horrible! Before long all babies born with a disability will be left to die so they dont cost the country anything in healthcare etc :cry:

Janiee, my brother was disabled from birth, a more wonderful well loved man you could could never meet. He worked for 43 years and was loved by everyone.. He had problems walking, and as a child I remember an Aunt saying that he should have been killed at birth, and I have never forgot her cruel remarks, he lived with my mother following her death he came to stay with me for a couple of weeks I purchased him an invalid motorised vehicle (dont know what they are called) He fell very badly when he returned home and went to hospital where my sister spent over four hours following which she brought him home.. He fell again and was taken and kept in hospital.. he went into the cottage hospital for around three weeks.. A doctor visited and asked him what he wished for, "to be able to walk properly" said my brother.. He was admitted to Addenbrooks against the families wishes but were told he was able to make his own decisions..They operated on his spine and within days he was dead.. The same hospital that botched my daughters surgery, leaving her with serious breathing problems and facing a tracheotomy ( that she is too frightened to undergo.)
Addenbrooks one of the top hospitals "supposedly" And inspite of attempting to take out litigation we discovered that they are untouchable..
KateLMead

Postby Workingman » 29 Nov 2012, 21:39

janiee wrote:I saw this heading on the front page of a newspaper today and was really shocked, its horrible! Before long all babies born with a disability will be left to die so they dont cost the country anything in healthcare etc :cry:

It's nothing new Jane.

My brother was born with physical and mental handicaps due to mum contracting diphtheria during pregnancy. He was sent home with, apparently, six months to live and instructions "to do the best for him while you can". He lived to be 32. He could have gone anytime and nobody would have been that bothered - they did what they had to do.

As it is the news today does not shock me. It sickens me, but doesn't shock.
Workingman

Postby Kaz » 29 Nov 2012, 21:52

Really really shocking and upsetting :(
Kaz

Postby KateLMead » 30 Nov 2012, 10:29

My brother was born with physical and mental handicaps due to mum contracting diphtheria during pregnancy. He was sent home with, apparently, six months to live and instructions "to do the best for him while you can". He lived to be 32. He could have gone anytime and nobody would have been that bothered - they did what they had to do.

As it is the news today does not shock me. It sickens me, but doesn't shock.[/quote]

Rodger my brother also was mentally handicapped, but in his own way he was as bright as a spark, he had a good retirement pension an to our surprise and emotion he had left small bequests to my sisters my brother and myself on his death he had never claimed a benefit. He had a wonderful imagination and sense of humour, he was a valued member of the workforce at RAF Chicksands and as I have mentioned was awarded "The Imperial Service Medal" in recognition of his meritorious service "washing pots and pans" for 43 years. His body might have been crippled,have difficulty speaking clearly, but he was loved and the workforce soon got to understand him, including the General who when visiting would go and see him and have a chat. It was a proud day when we stood seeing him being awarded his medal.. We are facing a shocking situation and a petition should be organised to stop this outrage, life has become cheap.. I wonder whether this Pathway applies to ethnics and foreigners as well as the indigenous? or whether it is "personal selection regardless of race" as to who should to be put on pathway" with diversity, human rights and all that. 130,00 elderly died last year, that will make room for more illegals to get into the country..
KateLMead

Postby Oojamaflip » 30 Nov 2012, 11:28

My dad was put on this 'Pathway', I now realise in hindsight. The full implications were not explained to us at the time. It's utterly cruel and evil to starve and dehydrate people to death. Very kind friends have tried to help me make sense of it all, he was very sick indeed at the time, but I'm still left with guilt that we unquestioningly went along with the Dr in in reality, literally, starved and dehydrated him into an early grave. In hindsight too I can recall the shock on the Dr's face as my dad rallied and told her she was lovely! I 'clocked' it at the time but it did not take on any significance at that time - only since, since I've become more aware. She looked shocked, sort of shook her head and muttered to herself something along the lines of 'we've started this now . . .'. My friend experienced her mum having the same gripping and agonising cramps in her abdomen as the organs were dying through lack of water and nourishment. I'm also left with the memory of him desperately sucking and chomping on the sponges as I moistened his lips and mouth. It was his instincts desperately trying to get the water he needed so badly.

Regardless of age, new born to elderly, nobody should be made to suffer this.
<>< The reward that outdoes all others is the peace of knowing that you did the right thing ><>
Oojamaflip

Postby Workingman » 30 Nov 2012, 12:27

(((((Ooj))))) Nothing I can say will ease your pain. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Workingman

Postby Oojamaflip » 30 Nov 2012, 17:27

Workingman wrote:(((((Ooj))))) Nothing I can say will ease your pain. :cry: :cry: :cry:

That's very kind of you WM. Thank you.

Like all things in life, if we've experienced something first hand it gives us a greater empathy and insight. If we can use our own experience of bad situations to improve things for others, then it's a sort of healing for ourselves too. The Liverpool Care Pathway is now something I feel extremely strongly about - I also feel for the many truly caring staff who are not given the time nor the resources to correctly implement proper TLC, the sort of tender loving care they would not want denied to themselves nor those they love.
<>< The reward that outdoes all others is the peace of knowing that you did the right thing ><>
Oojamaflip

Postby Kaz » 30 Nov 2012, 17:31

Oh Ooj..................I'm so very sorry xxxx
Kaz

Next

Return to News and Current Affairs