Naughty Ant.

A board for news and views on what's happening in the world

Re: Naughty Ant.

Postby AliasAggers » 21 Apr 2018, 19:14

Suff wrote: He was paid a lot of money to entertain the people.

Far too much, in my opinion. I could never understand why Ant & Dec have become so popular.
When compared with previous dual entertainers, such as the Two Ronnies, Morecombe & Wise. Laurel & Hardy, etc., I think they are rubbish .
There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met.
AliasAggers

Postby Kaz » 21 Apr 2018, 20:05

Me too Aggers :?
Kaz

Postby miasmum » 22 Apr 2018, 12:29

but you cant compare them to acts like that, Ant and Dec aren't comedians, they dont have sketches written for them, they are TV presenters completely different field, so comparisons like that aren't fair or valid
miasmum

Postby Gal » 22 Apr 2018, 16:15

cromwell wrote:Can fines now be based on how much you earn?

I do feel a bit sorry for him - but only a bit. He looks in a right state and he needs to sort himself out. If he's not capable of that then things are only going to get worse for him. Being twice the drink drive limit in the middle of the day is not good.

I'm glad nobody got hurt when he crashed.

Hear hear to all of this Cromwell.

Yes he made a mistake. He's been given a sentence where he will pay for it, small sum yes for someone who earns so much, but the repercussions may last long after the driving ban is over. Nobody was killed, a couple of heaps of metal were written off. Let's hope he learns a huge lesson from this, and his spell in rehab puts to bed his problems, of which he clearly has many.

Good luck to him. He's going to need it.
Gal

Postby Kaz » 24 Apr 2018, 15:44

A child was taken to hospital though. He was lucky nobody was badly injured or killed. I have no sympathy for drunk drivers whoever they are.
Kaz

Postby Suff » 24 Apr 2018, 17:59

Especially when you have the money to call a top priced Uber to take you, well, most places. Any time you need one.

They are premium cars with very good service and, because they are around twice the price, or more, of a budget one, fairly available too.
There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand Binary and those who do not.
Suff

Previous

Return to News and Current Affairs