Announcement! Please read!

A board for news and views on what's happening in the world

Announcement! Please read!

Postby Kaz » 27 Sep 2019, 07:46

I've thought long and hard about this. We are a very small board here on VV, more of a friendship group really. Many of us go back a very long way, and know one another away from VV.

Brexit seems to be a toxic subject, not just online but also out in our real lives. I don't know about the rest of you, but I have found the only way to preserve some of my treasured relationships with some dear friends, and even some extended family, is to keep off the subject completely.

So for the sake of VV, which has always been a very friendly and supportive place for us all, I am placing a blanket ban on all things Brexit. I hope you can understand why. The subject is already causing some division and upset on here, so much as I have always stepped back from any kind of heavy-handed modding on here, on this I am being firm. No more Brexit posts please, they will just be deleted.

Thank you xx
Kaz

Re: Announcement! Please read!

Postby saundra » 27 Sep 2019, 08:34

I feel the same kaz thanks for your concerns
saundra

Postby Kaz » 27 Sep 2019, 08:44

Thanks for your understanding (((x)))
Kaz

Postby meriad » 27 Sep 2019, 09:01

For what it's worth - I agree with that decision. The current situation really is causing a lot of upset between friends / families etc (quite sad really). I think we all by now know where us VV members stand on the issue and it can be debated until the cows come home there will never be agreement. x
meriad

Postby Workingman » 27 Sep 2019, 09:05

Good decision Kaz, I am right behind you. xxx
Workingman

Postby Kaz » 27 Sep 2019, 09:12

Thank you both xx
Kaz

Postby medsec222 » 27 Sep 2019, 09:17

Certainly the discussions around Brexit have been very lively at times. However, I value my friendships on VV, and Brexit or no Brexit, there is no way I could fall out with anyone on VV simply because they hold a different viewpoint to mine. We all have different opinions and that is how it should be. However, respect and good manners go a long way to smoothing out those differences, and we have that in abundance on VV. xx
medsec222

Postby jenniren » 27 Sep 2019, 09:40

medsec222 wrote:Certainly the discussions around Brexit have been very lively at times. However, I value my friendships on VV, and Brexit or no Brexit, there is no way I could fall out with anyone on VV simply because they hold a different viewpoint to mine. We all have different opinions and that is how it should be. However, respect and good manners go a long way to smoothing out those differences, and we have that in abundance on VV. xx

Well said medsec.

On the whole I've found all the Brexit discussions very interesting and informative. Sadly it's been marred by a small number of very unpleasant posts, publicly unfriending people and name calling, totally unacceptable behaviour and not what we've come to expect on VV.

Shame to see censorship creep in here, but obviously we must respect your decision Kaz, after all it's your board. Perhaps you might like to consider removing News and Current Affairs altogether for a while, it seems rather irrelevant right now.
jenniren

Postby Kaz » 27 Sep 2019, 09:46

I'm sorry if some people think of this as censorship, I'm just trying to preserve VV.

I have no intention of removing the News Board, as there are other things going on in the world.
Kaz

Postby jenniren » 27 Sep 2019, 09:54

Kaz wrote:I'm sorry if some people think of this as censorship, I'm just trying to preserve VV.

While I appreciate that Kaz, sometimes a simple apology is all that's needed xx
jenniren

Next

Return to News and Current Affairs