Elon wins his 420 take private court case

A board for news and views on what's happening in the world

Elon wins his 420 take private court case

Postby Suff » 04 Feb 2023, 23:34

So the long delayed court case arrived. The judge started off by telling the Jury that he had decided the tweet that Musk was considering taking Tesla private and the following funding secured tweet were fake.

Once the lawyers and witnesses had finished, the jury took an hour to decide that the Judge was wrong and that the gamblers who tried to get in and take Tesla for a ride before going private were at their own risk.

It was unanimous which probably means there will be no appeal or if there is an appeal it will fail.

I do wonder what would have been the result if the case had been heard whilst Elon was trying to get out of the Twitter deal?.

The jurors had the sight of gleeful stock gamblers taking a $22bn chunk out of Elon's ass and Elon eventually said "OK I said I'd do it and I will even if the company lied and it is not worth what I offered" .

Next step Elon's court case with the SEC to get his unfettered Twitter rights back when Tweeting about Tesla.

In a TED conference Elon stated they knew he was right but chose to force him to settle (without admission of guilt) and forcing legal oversight of his Tweets.

In the result of this trial it is fairly clear that the SEC knew all this and overstepped.

More interesting court cases to come.
There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand Binary and those who do not.
Suff

Return to News and Current Affairs