More rubbish from a regulator - Ofwat this time.

A board for news and views on what's happening in the world

Re: More rubbish from a regulator - Ofwat this time.

Postby Kaz » 06 Dec 2023, 15:57

No I have never used ours, not in the 11 years we've been here, and neither have Mick or Becky, we all prefer showers - so the bath is Fraggle's :oops: :lol: :lol:
Kaz

Postby miasmum » 07 Dec 2023, 00:12

Its a real thing, the anti bath brigade :)

although I think Jo wins the prize for remembering the date of her last bath from over 8 years ago. :lol: :lol: :lol:
miasmum

Postby cruiser2 » 07 Dec 2023, 09:25

I have a water meter. Pay about £22.00 amonth for water.

Had a new bath put in many years ago when I was still working. When my wife was still alive she was finding it dificult to get out, so we decided to have a seperate
shower. It is only small but still suitable. I now use the bath to store things. Some people in the crescent have had the bath taken out and replaced with a big
walk in shower cubicle. I like showers.

I ususalyonly wash dirty dishes once a day. I have only hada bowl and a mug for breakfast so will wait til after my eveningmeal to wash them with other pots.
cruiser2

Postby Kaz » 07 Dec 2023, 14:40

cruiser2 wrote:
I ususalyonly wash dirty dishes once a day. I have only hada bowl and a mug for breakfast so will wait til after my eveningmeal to wash them with other pots.

I think that's quite sensible, Cruiser, when you live alone. D does similar, although on days when we have lunch round there I always wash up and clear away, as I hate leaving her work to do.
Kaz

Postby JoM » 07 Dec 2023, 17:45

miasmum wrote:Its a real thing, the anti bath brigade :)

although I think Jo wins the prize for remembering the date of her last bath from over 8 years ago. :lol: :lol: :lol:

November 14th 2015 to be exact, just looked it up as it was a charity game featuring David Beckham and the first line of the report said that supporters braved ‘monsoon like conditions’, so it took that kind of weather to get me into the bath :lol:

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby Workingman » 08 Dec 2023, 13:47

This thread has taken on a life of its own. It started out as a rant about the £500 "saving" Ofwat claimed we could all make and turned into a discussion about disgusting baths where people wallow in the muck they have just washed away then towel the resulting clag off. This, compared to us ultra practical shower users, where the muck gets immediately washed down the plughole and we are rinsed in virgin spring water to emerge sparkly clean and linen fresh. ;)

WUM! Me? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Workingman

Postby Kaz » 08 Dec 2023, 19:20

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Kaz

Previous

Return to News and Current Affairs