More rubbish from a regulator - Ofwat this time.

A board for news and views on what's happening in the world

Re: More rubbish from a regulator - Ofwat this time.

Postby miasmum » 02 Dec 2023, 01:17

Yes our house was built in 1956

I am sure it could be less, but I have done the assessment tool and it comes out about £700 as opposed to about £760

If you have suggestions I'm open

I know Jo's is a lot less with 4 adults but its the baths that uses the water in this house
miasmum

Postby Gal2 » 03 Dec 2023, 22:58

Two of us here and we’re on a meter. Most nights there is a bath run, we take turns on who goes first and the person in second tops it up with hotter water as necessary. Showers are not as popular, I use the shower twice a week to wash my hair and he has a shower for quickness perhaps also twice a week. I do probably 4 or 5 washloads a week and we hand wash pots, don’t ask how often as Tom is always filling the bowl up!!

I pay £26 pcm.
Gal2
Site Admin

Postby JoM » 05 Dec 2023, 18:29

miasmum wrote:Yes our house was built in 1956

I am sure it could be less, but I have done the assessment tool and it comes out about £700 as opposed to about £760

If you have suggestions I'm open

I know Jo's is a lot less with 4 adults but its the baths that uses the water in this house

We had our bath taken out and replaced with another shower. None of us used it.

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby miasmum » 05 Dec 2023, 21:46

I love my bath, I could never be without a bath, I wont even stay in a holiday let without a bath
miasmum

Postby Workingman » 05 Dec 2023, 23:48

This summer's bathroom refurbishment will eventually be done in the New Year. :roll: The first thing to go will be the bath - a waste of space. I have been here nearly 18 years and the only time it was ever used, as a bath, was to wash a duvet with me stamping up and down on it to get the soap to do its work. Never again! For the rest of the time it has been nothing more than a deep and oversized shower tray. Good riddance.
Workingman

Postby Gal2 » 06 Dec 2023, 00:09

I’m with MM, showers are useful but a bath is a luxury I won’t be without, I need one most nights to warm up as work is cold.
Gal2
Site Admin

Postby miasmum » 06 Dec 2023, 08:43

Workingman wrote:This summer's bathroom refurbishment will eventually be done in the New Year. :roll: The first thing to go will be the bath - a waste of space. I have been here nearly 18 years and the only time it was ever used, as a bath, was to wash a duvet with me stamping up and down on it to get the soap to do its work. Never again! For the rest of the time it has been nothing more than a deep and oversized shower tray. Good riddance.

Ok I get it, you dont like your bath :lol: :lol:

It does make me smile the number of times people tell me they HATE their baths, cant wait to get them taken out. Great you do you, I'll do me :oops:
miasmum

Postby Osc » 06 Dec 2023, 11:20

We don’t have a bath in either of our bathrooms, a deliberate decision when the refurbishment was planned. We had an original cast iron claw foot bath in our old house and never used it. Showers all the way for us.
Osc

Postby JoM » 06 Dec 2023, 13:31

I’d get in the bath, think about all of the things I could be doing in that time and get straight back out again. I always felt like I was wasting time.

We had it removed in 2019 and I could tell you the exact date that I’d last used it, and it was in 2015 after coming home wet and freezing cold from a match and I had no choice because Joe had gone into the en-suite to use the shower :lol:

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby Suff » 06 Dec 2023, 14:54

We have 5 showers in the different en suites and attic shower room. 1 bath in the downstairs en suite with a shower over it. We are getting close to doing the new en suite for the new master bedroom and Mrs S hit me with an "I want a 2.5m long Roman bath in it. Today it only has a shower.

I'm not even going to think about how much water it will take to fill it. Just as well we have a 200l hot water tank. I might even need to buy a hot water tank with multiple elements to connect to the new pellet burning boiler...

I just found the facture for the water. We get billed 6 monthly and they show the prior 3 years actual consumption. We use around 140m3 of water a year and the last 70m3 bill was €168. So less than €340 for 140m3.

I have to top the pool up fairly regularly during the summer and we empty and re-fill the inflatable hot tub up every month or two depending on use.

As I said, UK water is EXPENSIVE.
There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand Binary and those who do not.
Suff

PreviousNext

Return to News and Current Affairs