The babbyfication of the nation

A board for news and views on what's happening in the world

The babbyfication of the nation

Postby cromwell » 22 Jan 2024, 10:54

We have just had another load of storm warnings "Amber warning!", danger across the nation!
Around here this translated into a windy night and not much else.

But what I found really funny (odd sense of humour, see) was the solemn warning from the met office - "Don't sleep near the window". :lol: :lol: :lol:
Where would they like us to sleep, in the attic?
We have a bedroom, the bedroom has a window in it.
I give up; we are run by people who think that we are all children.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Re: The babbyfication of the nation

Postby Workingman » 22 Jan 2024, 12:18

Cromwell wrote: Where would they like us to sleep, in the attic?

Ooh no, don't do that, the roof might blow off! They should have warned you of that.

I am thinking that all public agencies now have to give us warnings about any potential eventuality because there are so many people queueing up outside the doors of the compensation lawyers.

"I was blowing up a balloon when it burst. The shock gave me a fatal heart attack, but after a few minutes I recovered. I now have balloonophobia and need £s thousands for treatment for it... and a replacement balloon."
Workingman

Postby cromwell » 22 Jan 2024, 13:37

...."Since this traumatic event, even the sight of a balloon triggers my anxiety..."
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby Workingman » 22 Jan 2024, 18:41

"Rog down the pub says it's incurable. I am going to need employment support allowance, a personal injury payment (PIP), universal credit, help with my energy bills because I now spend all day indoors watching telly, then there's my Deliveroo and Just Eat accounts because I can't cook. And all because of a balloon for my little princess's birthday..."

On a more serious note, the BBBC can be relied upon to run a "What are my rights if..." article when things do not go to plan - flight delayed, train cancelled, parcel not delivered on time, hotel dirty. Things have gone beyond a joke.
Workingman

Return to News and Current Affairs