Woman alters family photos...

A board for news and views on what's happening in the world

Re: Woman alters family photos...

Postby cromwell » 20 Mar 2024, 11:35

News today is that staff at the private hospital that the Princess of Wales attended have been trying to access her personal data.
I think she deserves a break from all this.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby saundra » 20 Mar 2024, 11:52

I agree kate should be allowed her own space and privacy
saundra

Postby Workingman » 20 Mar 2024, 12:44

Nobody, anywhere, should ever be made to divulge private medical issues. I certainly did not ask for her to do so.

However, the Palace has not handled it very well. Like it or not Kate is a public figure and the media was always going to dig deep to find out what the op was so that the(ir) "public" would know. We also have (un)social media awash with conspiracy theories about a coma, a body double, marriage troubles. These dipsticks will come up with anything to get attention. That is just how things are.

There was a time when Royal health stories were kept under wraps - a short statement then nothing more. This time Kensington Palace told us that Kate was in hospital for abdominal surgery and that it was planned rather than a medical emergency and not cancer related.

Why mention cancer or medical emergencies? These just fuelled speculation: see above. A simple: "Kate is in hospital for abdominal surgery, which was a success. We will give updates as thing progress." would have been enough.
Workingman

Postby Suff » 21 Mar 2024, 06:00

They can't win. If they had done as you suggest then the press and media would have been screaming cancer. They say it's not cancer and the press and media is screaming it could be cancer.

She may be a public figure but she is entitled to her health procedures to be private and everyone else is entitled to butt out.

If we need to know more they will tell us. Otherwise everyone should leave the poor woman to recuperate.
There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand Binary and those who do not.
Suff

Postby Kaz » 21 Mar 2024, 18:12

100% agree, Suff.
Kaz

Postby Workingman » 21 Mar 2024, 19:21

Ah, but it was Suff who brought up her medical problems when we were simply talking about her amateur photo editing, and I supported her in that because we all do it.

I also said, quite clearly, that she (anyone) should not be made to divulge private medical issues in public.

I remain, however, critical of the way Kate's particular issue was handled by Kensington Palace and the media. I make no apologies for that stance.
Workingman

Postby Suff » 21 Mar 2024, 23:24

Workingman wrote:
I remain, however, critical of the way Kate's particular issue was handled by Kensington Palace and the media. I make no apologies for that stance.

Honestly I don't know how they can win. I do my very best to ignore all such news but it seeps in.
There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand Binary and those who do not.
Suff

Postby miasmum » 22 Mar 2024, 20:16

Well we know now and I just feel sad that whilst she was processing this news and trying to protect her children, social media were like a load of truffle hogs, hounding her down.

I think we have a lot to be ashamed of to be honest
Last edited by miasmum on 23 Mar 2024, 01:28, edited 1 time in total.
miasmum

Postby Workingman » 22 Mar 2024, 21:09

She, Kate, went to hospital for an operation - it happens. She was not protecting her children any more than anyone else just being a mum.

It was Kensington Palace, with their cancer statement, that made the mess, and then the media that hounded her / them for more information.

They, the media, did it to feed the need for information from the Royal's supporters. Maybe the supporters are to blame for all this exposure?

The rest of us, who couldn't care less, have nothing at all to be ashamed of.
Workingman

Postby jenniren » 22 Mar 2024, 22:47

Absolutely well said Shell, there are a lot of people who should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

I wish her the very best and hope she's allowed to progress with her treatment without more vile conspiracy nutcases filling the web with their bile.
jenniren

PreviousNext

Return to News and Current Affairs