Woman alters family photos...

A board for news and views on what's happening in the world

Re: Woman alters family photos...

Postby TheOstrich » 22 Mar 2024, 22:56

Agree 100% with you both, Jen and MM.

And hopefully, even those who "couldn't care less" might spare some thoughts and sympathy for what Kate and her family are going through - after all, it might well happen to them and their families one day. Just sayin'.
TheOstrich

Postby Workingman » 22 Mar 2024, 23:20

I take it that I am seen as a conspiracy nutcase spewing out bile because I do not fully support the Royals / Monarchy, even though I have unequivocally supported Kate with her photo enhancements and medical problems. Look through the thread, prove me wrong.

Some of you supporters need to look at your own stances. Ever thought that you might be part of the 'media infatuation' problem? You are. They feed you and you feed them. Your infatuation with the Royals who you do not know and have never had contact with drives your lives. They know it and use it. Sad.

When I say that I "couldn't care less" I am not talking about the individual(s) but the institution. Please do not twist my words. Thank you.
Last edited by Workingman on 23 Mar 2024, 00:54, edited 1 time in total.
Workingman

Postby Workingman » 23 Mar 2024, 00:52

Kate now says that she does have cancer and is undergoing treatment. That is an incredibly brave statement to make and I do wish her well.

I hope that's OK.
Workingman

Postby miasmum » 23 Mar 2024, 01:36

and that was what I was referring to, I have no idea what you thought I was referring to :?:
miasmum

Postby Workingman » 23 Mar 2024, 02:09

Not you Shell, but if you are not a Monarchist or Royalist and dare to be contrary then boy do you get it in spades. It just brushes off me because I don't care, but push it the other way and gaskets blow.

I feel so terribly sad for those people, they do need help but mental health services are so stretched...
Workingman

Postby cruiser2 » 23 Mar 2024, 09:33

My wife died from bowel cancer. It was found too late for any treatment to cure her.

I am only glad that she said she was never had any pain, and was at home in her own bed and i was with her when she finally passed away.

I, like a lot of other people, can understand how Kate and her family must be feeling.

Leave them alone a let them have quiet family time together without publicity.
cruiser2

Postby saundra » 23 Mar 2024, 11:57

miasmum wrote:Well we know now and I just feel sad that whilst she was processing this news and trying to protect her children, social media were like a load of truffle hogs, hounding her down.

I think we have a lot to be ashamed of to be honest

I agree M M nobody wins.
saundra

Postby saundra » 23 Mar 2024, 11:58

jenniren wrote:Absolutely well said Shell, there are a lot of people who should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

I wish her the very best and hope she's allowed to progress with her treatment without more vile conspiracy nutcases filling the web with their bile.

Yes so do I jen
saundra

Postby cromwell » 23 Mar 2024, 12:18

TheOstrich wrote:And hopefully, even those who "couldn't care less" might spare some thoughts and sympathy for what Kate and her family are going through - after all, it might well happen to them and their families one day. Just sayin'.

To be clear, my "couldn't care less" was directed at the confected uproar about a picture being altered.

What she is going through is awful; I can't imagine how you would tell your children in these circumstances. The media went overboard on a non-story, repeating and amplifying conspiracy theories. Well I hope they are happy now.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby medsec222 » 24 Mar 2024, 11:27

I think Kate has done exactly the right thing. She has told her three children what has happened to her and they are now off school for the Easter holidays so can all be together as a family for a week or so. The public have no right to know the details of her medical condition but Kate has decided the time is right to inform us all of her condition and she has clearly and honestly done so. The trolls on the internet must have made her life hell over the last few weeks, but the overwhelming support and love shown to her by the public must surely have gone a long way to address the wrong she has been done by endless speculation, even in the main stream media, and I hope it has reassured her and given her some comfort.
medsec222

PreviousNext

Return to News and Current Affairs