Dynamic pricing for electricity

A board for news and views on what's happening in the world

Re: Dynamic pricing for electricity

Postby Suff » 01 Apr 2024, 17:00

Workingman wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

What's she like on windmills?

Friend of mine looked into them. Nothing under 25 meters will do. We have this little issue that we sit on the Route Richard Coeur de LIon and out the back we have a medieval church with a preservation order on it which controls all visible landmarks for a couple of km.

Mind you right now the town is dealing with flooding. Think I could sneak it in the back door whilst they're busy??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand Binary and those who do not.
Suff

Postby Workingman » 01 Apr 2024, 18:29

Suff wrote:Friend of mine looked into them. Nothing under 25 meters will do.

Ah, he went stellar main sequence with this; politicians do it all the time, it's why we have no interest in SMRs, small scale hydro and other very feasible (and cheap) "solutions". We HAVE to go big and expensive.

He should have stepped out of the box.

The average UK home does NOT need a 25-metre-tall massive windmill. They could roll along quite happily with one or a couple of roof fitted small marine-type generators, an inverter and storage.

These windmills are almost silent, I have been on boats with them, and retrofitting would be easy... even on terraced houses and flats where heat pumps are not an option.

Rip out the old gas boiler and install an electric combi and it's job done... for the majority of homes.
Workingman

Postby Suff » 02 Apr 2024, 22:33

This friend of mine actually had a turbine fitted. When they analysed the output he worked out what he needed then dumped the idea as non feasible.

I won't even go there. I would get way more solar than him given I'm around 900 miles further south. Makes quite a difference.
There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand Binary and those who do not.
Suff

Previous

Return to News and Current Affairs