Science Fiction becomes, err, Science Fiction.

A board for news and views on what's happening in the world

Re: Science Fiction becomes, err, Science Fiction.

Postby Suff » 10 Apr 2024, 22:30

I get it, but perovskite is slowly starting to take over.

I also get the diversity of power production. I'm a big Nuc fan remember. Even with so much solar and Wind is hard to ignore; but it is not a baseload power solution unless you 10x the infrastructure to provide the baseload even at 10% wind.
The lift capacity/volume of the Starship is quite dramatic. draw a circle 9 meters across and then imagine that your roof is 7 floors above you. One Starship load bay has more volume than the entire ISS.

Things will change dramatically not just because SpaceX are going to do this but even more so because quite a few players in the space launch business are going to try and compete with them. Meaning that the amount of lift volume available is going to look like the difference between a kitty hawk and a 747 cargo.

My point remains that we need options we can choose to use/buy/pay for. Because if we remove options the only one left is to tax us into submission and I'm really not for that.

This one may, or may not, be what we need. But even getting to this stage of thought is, for me, a good thing.
There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand Binary and those who do not.
Suff

Previous

Return to News and Current Affairs