Relaxation of drug laws

A board for news and views on what's happening in the world

Re: Relaxation of drug laws

Postby Workingman » 12 Dec 2012, 13:26

So drug users would be different from drinkers would they? More responsible?

Most illegal drugs stay effective in the body for 2+ days, so a driver smoking his recreational weed over the weekend is going to phone work on Monday and inform them that he is not fit to drive? I think not!

My children went to a "leafy suburbs" school where there was a known drugs problem. It was the children form the "professional classes" who were the worst offenders and who were always ready to "share". We, as parents, worked very hard to keep our children out of that particular loop. Fortunately their mother worked in a related area with the vulnerable and was able to show them first hand examples of what drugs could do. Unfortunately my son's very best friend was not so lucky. He is now a wreck at 22.

There was news earlier this month that the Australians have put cigarettes in plain muddy green packets in an attempt to stop people from starting smoking. Well drugs don't come in sparkly brightly coloured packages will £billions of advertising behind their take up - but people still do.
Workingman

Postby Suff » 12 Dec 2012, 14:46

Most people start smoking from a cigarette given to them from someone else's packet. Packaging has nothing to do with it.
There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand Binary and those who do not.
Suff

Postby Workingman » 12 Dec 2012, 15:05

That is precisely my point. Drugs are not advertised, not sold in bright packets.... yet people still use them.

Make more of them more available and more people will start taking them. It's definitely NOT rocket science.
Workingman

Previous

Return to News and Current Affairs