Cheer me up, someone

A board for news and views on what's happening in the world

Cheer me up, someone

Postby Aggers » 11 Dec 2012, 23:36

Since watching the six o'clock news this evening I been struck with a horrible feeling of gloom and despair.

There never seems to be any good news lately. Tonight there was the the facts that emerged from the last census, showing that there are now more aliens in London than there are real white English. All the problems we have now are the result of incompetent politicians who seem to be completely out of touch with everything. With all the problems this country is now facing, all that our incompetent Prime Minister seems interested in is his stupid obsession about gay marriage. The man must be an idiot.

I happen to love the country I have lived in for eighty-odd years. It was once a country to be proud of, and it makes me feel so sad and so angry that it is being destroyed by the enemy within.

What hope is there for the future ? I feel so sorry for today's young people.

I shall have to stop listening to the news.
Aggers

Re: Cheer me up, someone

Postby Rodo » 12 Dec 2012, 03:25

Know how you feel Aggers. Sometimes you just wonder what will happen to this country in years to come.

There is always hope though. Hang onto that.
Rodo

Postby Suff » 12 Dec 2012, 08:52

The only "good" news is that the UK is slightly better off than the rest of the EU when it comes to our economy and the long slow slide being seen by the Eurozone countries, including Germany, will not happen in the UK.

Consider how it looked to the Jarrow workers in the 1930's and contrast today!!!

Also consider that the "good" news of the 1930's which broke the depression and reset the world economy was WWII.

Be careful what you wish for, it may happen!
There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand Binary and those who do not.
Suff

Postby Lozzles » 12 Dec 2012, 10:30

There are always things about the world that we are unhappy with. There have always been and always will be war, enslavement, poverty etc etc. We are more aware of it now because we have access to news and information 24 hours a day by all means possible. I find that we have to look 'outside' at the world to get an idea of what is going on and then look closer to home to make the steps we need to make our world better. The way we treat people close to us, not just our family and friends, but strangers too. Show our love and compassion to those we care for and treat the strangers with politeness and kindness. Simple acts of just smiling and being pleasant can have a knock on effect, like ripples in a stream. It may sound a bit twee, but if we live in a way that makes us and those around us feel better, then they may pass that on. We won't and can't change the awful things in the world, but with tiny steps we can make our 'own' world a nicer place to be for us and for those we come in contact with.
Lozzles

Postby Oojamaflip » 12 Dec 2012, 10:33

Suggestion to my MiL and Aggers you can listen in: stop listening to the 'news', stop reading the Daily Hatemail, get out of the four walls and mix with youngsters - you will find that there are many, many more wonderful young people than are the opposite: same for grown-ups too come to that. Visit 'foreigners' in a safe place, eg a vibrant inner city church (there are over thirty nationalities within my own), and start to realise that cut us, we all bleed red, we're all somebody's love one with loved ones of our own, and we all have the same needs. Concentrate on what is wonderful, and pray for that which is not.
<>< The reward that outdoes all others is the peace of knowing that you did the right thing ><>
Oojamaflip

Postby Suff » 12 Dec 2012, 11:14

Good advice.

Also remember that doom and gloom about the economy sells newspapers and good news about the economy is wrapping tomorrows fish.....

The press and TV news are much more aligned with Labour than the Tories. In fact they get really miffed every time Cameron comes back with better economic figures than expected. They get really worked up about GOOD economic news because it doesn't fit their agenda.

Good things to remember when looking at how our country is. If you want to know the state of the nation both internally and in respect to other nations, get out there and search for information, use the Google news portal and actually search for articles on what the UK press is reporting.

Get the info first hand and compare what you are being told with reality.

You will find that the picture is way, way better than it is being portrayed.

Then ask yourself why.

Then ask what YOU can do about it.

I am quite positive about the UK right now. The only thing I am negative about is that the press are going to stampede the government into another Labour government in 2 years’ time. Something that would be Very, Very bad.
Suff

Postby Oojamaflip » 12 Dec 2012, 12:00

Can I just add, Suff's signature cheers me.
<>< The reward that outdoes all others is the peace of knowing that you did the right thing ><>
Oojamaflip

Postby Oojamaflip » 12 Dec 2012, 12:01

And Aggers, less than a fortnight before the nights start getting lighter. Woo hoo.
Oojamaflip

Postby Suff » 12 Dec 2012, 12:13

Oojamaflip wrote:Can I just add, Suff's signature cheers me.

It was one of my more off the wall moments.... :lol:
Suff

Postby saundra » 12 Dec 2012, 12:24

there is a huge yellow duck floating up the thames
something to do with the lottery i think
never much good news
except every day that goes by is a day nearer spring :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... Wharf.html
saundra

Next

Return to News and Current Affairs