HSBC Boss.

A board for news and views on what's happening in the world

HSBC Boss.

Postby KateLMead » 12 Dec 2012, 18:03

Lord Green, inspite of his shocking money laundering and dodgy dealings with Drug Dealers etc has walked away with a 19M golden indexed pension. Whoever said this country Great Britain was beyond corruption?.. The country is rotting with these disgraceful criminals.. "For that is what they are"!!
KateLMead

Re: HSBC Boss.

Postby Workingman » 12 Dec 2012, 18:51

You couldn't make it up!

The bank he was supposed to be "running" has paid a $1.9bn fine for money laundering on his watch. He walked away with a pension pot worth £19m. Now he is part of the government as Trade Minister.

The bigger the crime the better the pay-off in Britain. Not big enough = Jail. Bigger = Knighthood. Really Big = A Knighthood and a seat at the Minister's table. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Workingman

Postby KateLMead » 12 Dec 2012, 19:15

Terrible Frank... At lunch time there was some fellow defending him, saying what a super chap he is...
I shall damned well refuse to vote for any of the ba*****s in government.
Be caught out -disgraced- and get promoted. Mandelson, Kinnockio, B'Liar, Green, we are swamped with these crooks in all parties.
KateLMead

Postby Kaz » 13 Dec 2012, 09:50

It is shameful :roll: :|
Kaz

Postby Aggers » 13 Dec 2012, 11:35

A little bit more news to make me angry/sickened/disheartened/digusted - and providing me with
even more reason not to vote again for any of the dispicable characters who are supposed to be
running this country.

I can foresee the end of democracy before very long. God help us.
Aggers

Postby Suff » 13 Dec 2012, 23:25

And the more we go on about this and the more we demand that governments interfere in company boards and company pay and compensation, the more that these salaries will be locked in. You think any major bank will get a CEO worth having with a "no fault" severance clause of less than £29M today?

The more the press keeps this up, the more the clauses will be worth. If they keep it up we'll see the first £100m no fault clause within a decade.

These are companies. Not government institustions specifically set up to suck money out of the people. These CEO's are answerable to boards of directors, not politicians and that is how it should be.

Don't like it? Don't do business with them.

Although I think you would find it quite hard to get a German bank account whilst living in the UK. All these new EU laws to make a "level playing field" in banking and banking regulation quite specifically forbid it. After all some other EU bank might lose money and the taxes, dear lord the taxes.

So when the press go off on one and politicians rant on about people who, quite simply, are doing a job, not a life servitude, just think about the fact that what is going on has Not One Single Thing to do with either the press or the govenment. At least when the banks are privately owned as the HSBC is.
There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand Binary and those who do not.
Suff

Return to News and Current Affairs