Forget the Colonel...

Chicken breasts or thighs
Beaten egg
Breadcrumbs
Milk powder
Plain flour
Salt
Flavouring of choice - garam masala, jerk seasoning, mixed herbs

Set a pan of oil on medium high. Cut the chicken meat into 'goujon' style strips then half them. Put flour and salt in a bag. Beat the egg in a deep sided bowl. Put the breadcrumbs, milk powder and flavouring in a bowl and mix well. The milk powder should be about 1/4 of the volume.

Shake the meat in the bag with the flour till the pieces are well coated. Take individual strips and dip in the egg, shake off excess and roll them in the breadcrumb mix then set aside. When they are all done if there is any egg and breadcrumbs left, do them again.

Carefully place the strips in the oil and cook till golden brown.
Workingman

Re: Untucky chicken nuggets.

Postby meriad » 29 Mar 2018, 08:02

Yum.... although I'm the lazy one and would buy ready made chicken nuggets :oops: :oops: but yours do sound a lot nicer

As a matter of interest, how different are they using the thigh vs breast meat? I'd imagine the thigh ones would be a lot more tender and juicy?
meriad

Re: Untucky chicken nuggets.

Postby Workingman » 29 Mar 2018, 12:31

From the POV of price and taste then thighs are the best. I made some the other day with Chinese five spice and a hoisin and oyster sauce dip and they were the bees; Italian herbs and pesto is another good mix. Both taken with salad.
Workingman

Return to In The Kitchen