New kitchen

For all your recipes, food and drink ideas and discussions

New kitchen

Postby tonicha » 13 Feb 2016, 18:29

We're going to have a new kitchen :Hi: :Hi: :Hi: :Hi: :Hi: thank heavens, this one is dire, the previous owner she wasn't a cook :roll:

So, next week, we're off to Odemira, which apparently, has a very good kitchen place.

Your thoughts please.

I can have granite worktop - very cheap over here or that chipboardy stuff or wood.

And I'm going for a work-top height oven - well, we're all getting older and bending down is possibly better not to do too much :lol:

And I have carte blanche on choice and have been told I can spend rather a lot 8-) :Hi: :Hi: :Hi: :Hi: :Hi:

We have wooden poles and tongue and grooved ceilings throughout, so not sure about an extractor and I also had a thought about a built-in griddle, by the side of the hob - which I'm hoping will be at least a 5 ringed gas hob. Self cleaning electric fan oven - and, if I can - one of those doors which fold underneath the oven - like on Bake Off ;) ;)
tonicha

Re: New kitchen

Postby Kaz » 13 Feb 2016, 19:21

Granite will be fab!!!!!! How exciting! Have you any thoughts on cupboard fronts, are you retiling?

Funnily enough we've been talking kitchens all afternoon, as Mick is replacing his mum's worktops, oven, hob, and cupboard doors for her soon :lol: :lol:
Kaz

Postby tonicha » 13 Feb 2016, 19:29

The house is 14 years old Kaz, so maybe the tiles will be hard to find.

But if we have to have new tiles, I would like big, plain ones.

No idea what I'll be having, but I'll know when I see it ;)

The house has lovely high wooden ceilings, and the internal shutters are also wooden, so maybe get away from the wood feel.

Grumpy is being very good about it all, as he used to fit kitchens, but I can spend up to about ish 10,000 :Hi: :Hi: :Hi: :Hi: :Hi: 8-) 8-) but that would include the hob and oven. Which, for over here, is a very very high price :D :D :D
tonicha

Postby Workingman » 13 Feb 2016, 20:24

Granite worktops and a built-in flat top griddle would be to die for.

But for you a lumpless gravy maker must be the top priority. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Workingman

Postby tonicha » 13 Feb 2016, 21:52

Workingman wrote:But for you a lumpless gravy maker must be the top priority. :lol: :lol: :lol:

We have a spare room Frank ;) ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
tonicha

Postby Kaz » 13 Feb 2016, 21:55

Oooh if I had the space I'd like a range cooker :)

But for you a lumpless gravy maker must be the top priority. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh that did make me LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kaz

Postby tonicha » 13 Feb 2016, 21:58

And me 8-) :lol: :lol:
tonicha

Postby meriad » 15 Feb 2016, 12:24

I am beyond jealous Ton - I'd kill for a new kitchen. In my previous flat I had a white one with a solid wood work top and just loved it... I love granite work tops as well but find them very loud so tend to go for wood :D

Eye level oven with foldy under door, 5 ring burner, griddle to the side.... I don't cook as much as I should but that all sounds to die for!

jealous jealous jealous
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
meriad

Postby saundra » 15 Feb 2016, 19:32

Ho wow ton I wouldn't know we're to start

My kitchen when I had a refit is oak cupboards and doors with black granit look
I love it
But now there is so much choice
I love burgundy high gloss units at the moment with black granite
Ho I just couldn't decide
But don't forget it will be new kettle toaster crockery towels it goes on and on
saundra

Postby tonicha » 15 Feb 2016, 20:16

saundra wrote:But don't forget it will be new kettle toaster crockery towels it goes on and on

Oh no it won't Saundra ;) ;)

I have a black kettle and all the other stuff will be in the pantry :Hi: :Hi: :Hi:

I gave away some lovely black and white crockery, from Luxembourg, as it was difficult to use, but I've kept a couple of serving dishes.

I quite like high gloss, as it would be such a difference - I so wish you could all come over and see this house.

We were sat outside jackets and hats on, just watching the eagles, storks, sheep, clouds and the way the sun came out and showed up all the different colours in the fields, hills - magic :D :D :D
tonicha

Next

Return to In The Kitchen