Christmas lunch

For all your recipes, food and drink ideas and discussions

Re: Christmas lunch

Postby JanB » 09 Dec 2017, 22:48

:oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm not doing this next year. Nancy and David have had hissy fits and now aren't coming.

Pieter has invited 5 of his gay friends :evil: :evil: and whilst I'm okay with Pieter, I dislike Brian, Mark, Cros (who is a weirdo Dutch guy and the most boring person I've ever met) and Joao, who is the second most boring person I've ever met.

That's for Christmas Eve, fine, I'm not cooking for that.

Antonia, Annalie, Pieter, Mitch, Grumpy and me, that'll do.

Then Pieter wants us to go back to his house for pancakes :o :shock:
Last edited by JanB on 10 Dec 2017, 07:59, edited 1 time in total.
JanB

Postby Ally » 10 Dec 2017, 07:27

Jeezus....most of the people you list sound a right lot!!

Is your Christmas Eve being spent with a load of people you don't like? Why? :roll:

Hissy fits??!! :twisted:

We're going to Nerja for Christmas out of choice...if I was faced with that lot I'd walk to Timbuktu to avoid them! :lol: :lol:
Ally
Site Admin

Postby JanB » 10 Dec 2017, 08:09

It started out as an idea by Antonia and myself, just a quiet mixed bunch of people. David, Nancy, Grumpy, me, Annalie and Mitch. Apart from Grumpy and me, they're all on their own, so we thought it was a good idea.

Pieter has now moved back from Germany and his rented place not too far away, to just down the road and has taken over and steamrolled it, by inviting his gay friends. David, who is as camp as Larry Greyson, but lovely with it, cannot stand Cros or Joao, so is now going to the Algarve, on his own. Nancy won't go anywhere without David, so she's now staying at home. Mark and Brian are fine, as long as they don't go all gay on us :oops: :lol: Joao is the guy who started Portuguese lessons and he is a non person - no personality at all. Cros is just a bore.

It's going to be a buffet style, so we can sit apart from the bores :oops:

I think Mitch will probably pull out, as he's not comfortable with so many gay people. He's okay with Pieter on his own, but not surrounded by others, as they tend to get a little erm, loud :evil: :evil:

We could not go, but it's been talked about for a long time and things have been rather fluid until now. So apart from Cros and Joao, we like everyone :)

We'd normally have both days on our own and next year, if Mitch is still around, we'll ask him here.
JanB

Postby Ally » 10 Dec 2017, 09:32

Fair enough.....but they do sound an odd bunch of peeps. :lol: :lol:

Mitch sounds lovely. Not! :roll:
Ally
Site Admin

Postby JanB » 10 Dec 2017, 10:02

Actually, Mitch is probably one of the nicest people I know. He's a genuine hard working straight as a die bloke. he's 73 and not of an age when gay people, who really flaunt it, proper queens, are something he's comfortable with. Pieter on his own, or David together, he's fine with.

Even Antonia, who has known Pieter for over 30 years says that when he gets his queen head on, is a complete nightmare.

Mark and Brian are new to the area and I've only met them twice, just in passing.

So we'll see how it goes.

Christmas Day, it's just Grumpy, me, Annalie, Antonia, Mitch and Pieter maybe. He doesn't want to leave his dog at home alone and I won't let him bring it here. Not fair on Molly.
JanB

Postby Ally » 10 Dec 2017, 10:10

I wouldn't feel comfortable in Mitch's company knowing he felt that way.

But this is the kitchen board....so let's leave it at that. :)
Ally
Site Admin

Postby JoM » 10 Dec 2017, 12:06

What a bunch :oops:

My feelings are the same as Ally's...

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Previous

Return to In The Kitchen