1 medium diced potato 1.5cm / ½ inch cubes
Peas, same volume as potatoes
2 dsp Madras curry paste / powder
1 dsp tomato paste
½ chicken stock cube
Water
Filo pastery sheets
Oil
Flour and water slurry to seal the samosas.

Cover the spuds in water and cook over low heat for about five mins then drain. Meanwhile slowly fry the onion and garlic on low till softened. Add the mince, curry, ½ stock cube and tomato paste and cook till the mince loses its pinkness. Turn the heat to medium and add a small wine glass of water and cook till the water has gone away. The mix should be just wet. Add teh diced spuds and peas and heat through then turn off the heat and leave to cool.

Now build the samosas, I use this method. That first fold needs to form an equilateral cone shape, after that it is just folding over each new edge. The slurry seals the last flap, but it can also be used on the folds as well.

Jus-Rol sheets are about 48cm by 25.5 cm and the samosa pockets are in the ratio of 4:1 so just cut off about 1.5 cm from one end of the roll the cut the remainder in half. There are about 7 to 8 sheets per pack so you will get 14 to 16 samosas.

I got 14 and here they are. Image
Workingman

Re: Samosas.

Postby JanB » 17 Dec 2019, 19:18

I actually found some filo pastry today, so will be making some for the week-end :Hi: :Hi:
JanB

Return to In The Kitchen