Sauces and dips.

For all your recipes, food and drink ideas and discussions

Sauces and dips.

Postby Workingman » 30 Jun 2021, 16:31

Anyone got any decent recipes?

I can do a mean Dutch mayo or hot pepper or sweet chilli or satay sauce / dip, but tomato ketchup has to be out of a bottle.

As it is summer I am looking for salsas, doner kebab sauce(s), riata, tzatziki that sort of thing.

TIA.
Workingman

Re: Sauces and dips.

Postby meriad » 12 Jul 2021, 18:36

a lovely dip to go with plain crisps: tin of smoked mussels and a tub of cream cheese and mix the two with a hand held blender; very yummy

Salsa - pan fry (with oil and a bit of butter) or oven roast (drizzle some oil over) some cherry tomatoes or larger plum tomatoes with some garlic, leave to cool a bit and then blitz the whole lot in a blender with a generous portion of coriander and the juice of a lime and at least one chilli (or more if you like it hot)... salt to taste

will think of others
meriad

Re: Sauces and dips.

Postby Workingman » 12 Jul 2021, 22:26

Thanks, Ria. I can't eat mussels as they bring me out in a rash, so they are off the menu. I make a raw salsa with toms, onion, chillies, garlic, cucumber, radishes etc. plus the lime juice and zest. I have never thought to cook some of the things and then turn them into a smoothie - I will try that. :D
Workingman

Return to In The Kitchen