Make your own pizzas.

For all your recipes, food and drink ideas and discussions

Re: Make your own pizzas.

Postby Workingman » 20 Aug 2021, 19:45

Another tip, will they never end? :roll:

If your sauce is a bit too sharp / acidic add just a (small) pinch of bicarb and stir till all the bubbles disappear. This means less salt in the final seasoning so be careful. And one more.... never, ever, add sugar to the sauce as the conglomerates do, just empty calories.

Experiment! ;)

Shell, I do similar, I just go with whatever is in the fridge. The veg one I have done is sliced onions, mushrooms, red and yellow pepper chunks, sliced chilli and sprinkled with smoked paprika powder.

There are no rules when you make your own. :lol:
Workingman

Postby JoM » 21 Aug 2021, 13:32

Always happy to gave tips Frank :lol:

They would’ve had sliced pepper and mushrooms on too but I made potato wedges to go with them so got those cooking first in the air fryer seeing as the pizzas only take a few minutes to cook and the doorbell rang just as I was starting to prep the veg for the toppings. It was our neighbour (who kept chatting and didn’t take the fact I’d got a towel over my shoulder as a hint). By the time I got back to the kitchen the wedges were (shall we say) very well done so I quickly topped the pizzas with the things which didn’t need slicing :lol:

Mushroom pizza is my absolute favourite.

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby miasmum » 29 Aug 2021, 11:07

Yesterday we recreated our favourite crispy duck pizza, our local pub used to make.

Duck breast, spring onions, small amount of cheese on a plum and hoisin sauce base rather than passata, really pleased how they turned out.
miasmum

Previous

Return to In The Kitchen