Slow cooker Goulash

For all your recipes, food and drink ideas and discussions

Re: Slow cooker Goulash

Postby Diflower » 10 Nov 2014, 21:30

Morrisons sell both ham hocks and pork hocks ;)
Diflower

Postby Diflower » 11 Nov 2014, 00:08

Workingman wrote:Oi, Ally and Di, you cannot come on here citing runny mascara memories without spilling the beans. C'mon! :P

It probably wouldn't be at all funny WM, but it's to do with a particular couple Bb and I once met, on holiday in Tunisia in 2009.
That was our last proper holiday till this year so not surprising we remember it all so well, but I'm sure we would anyway ;)
We were staying half-board, not what we'd choose but Tunisia is different, there aren't the options for eating.
Tunisia is very hot - 30-35c while we were there.

This guy, who, with his wife, we were sat with each night for dinner, was complaining one night about how hot it was.
He was halfway through a bowl of spicy vegetable soup from the self-service buffet at the time, so Bb mildly mentioned that hot soup may not be the best of choices.
'It's only lukewarm', he said, before going on to say again how very hot it was.
'Well, you are wearing long sleeves', said I.
(Getting slightly irate) 'It's only linen!'

Back to the really rather large selection of choices for the main course.
Bb chose charcoal-grilled chicken and pork, with a big pile of salad.
I chose fish, grilled while I waited, and chips, and more salad.

He and his wife both came back with goulash :o :shock: :P :lol:

It emerged that at home, they had a nine-weekly rota of meals for dinner, and goulash would have been that week...
Bb and I actually had to remove ourselves from the table and go hide behind a pillar while we laughed until we cried about all the possible laughter-inducing possibilities this entailed.

And once the subject cropped up last Friday (somehow), all of that is why/how come we were all laughing so much.
See? - You had to be there ;) :lol:
Diflower

Postby meriad » 11 Nov 2014, 17:23

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Di

I do wonder why some people bother going away on holiday if all they ever want of their exotic destination is what's available at home :lol: :lol: :lol:
meriad

Postby Workingman » 12 Nov 2014, 20:45

:o :o :o

Nobody has a nine week meal rota, I mean: Why? Nine does not go into anything, six of hem make 54! If they had goulash on August the10th, the following year it would be on Auguat the 24th! And what about Christmas?........ it can't be much fun having egg and beans on toast on Chrimbo day and turkey with all the trimmings on May the 23rd.

Some people!!!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Workingman

Postby Diflower » 12 Nov 2014, 20:55

So now you begin to see the comic possibilities :D
Diflower

Postby Workingman » 12 Nov 2014, 20:57

Yup. :D
Workingman

Postby tonicha » 13 Nov 2014, 18:48

Off topic, slightly, but I'm thinking of doing something similar for C Day, if it's not a bbq day.

Or maybe a pork/paprika dish, which this almost is - I can't do a goulash, I'd laff :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
tonicha

Previous

Return to In The Kitchen