For all things fashion, beauty and hair care

Re: Hair we go again!

Postby Diflower » 16 Jul 2015, 18:18

I like it like that :)
Diflower

Postby Ally » 16 Jul 2015, 20:37

I seen the pics on fb Kaz - I like it lots and it really suits you. :D :D

I must admit I do love my wee Eduardo hairdresser - I whatsapp him with a day and time and round he comes bang on time. :D :D :D

12 euros for a cut and blow dry. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ally
Site Admin

Postby Kaz » 16 Jul 2015, 21:05

Thanks Ally. £31 for mine :roll: :lol: :lol:
Kaz

Postby Diflower » 16 Jul 2015, 23:27

Mine's £12.50 :D
Wash it, walk up the road, the lovely Tina chats for an hour whilst vaguely waving her scissors, I walk home and think, what on earth has she done this time :D

But, this only happens because I had exactly the same reaction when I was going to the posh place in town that charged at least 3 times as much ;)
Diflower

Postby Kaz » 17 Jul 2015, 08:57

Lovely - wish I could find someone like Eduardo or your lovely Tina Di, but Shireen works in Supercuts and that's what they charge! Tony & Guy in town and the place in the Docks cost even more!
Kaz

Postby Ally » 17 Jul 2015, 14:13

I almost fainted when Lani told me what it costs to have her tresses treated at the hair salon she goes to in Nottingham. :o :o

But they do give a glass of champers she said to me when I squeaked at how much they charge. :lol:

I'd take in a can of Strongbow and see if I could get a discount was my response. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In all seriousness...many years ago when my hair was shoulder length and I used to have it cut and highlighted (remember the rubber caps they pulled your hair through teeny holes. Torture when you had a hangover! :lol: ) I used to pay a lot of money but didn't bat an eyelid at the time.

I think cos my hair is short and so manageable colour and cut wise I've become a meany. :lol: :lol:
Ally
Site Admin

Postby saundra » 17 Jul 2015, 16:50

:shock: I pay £9,00fora dry cut every 6weeks the hairdressers isent trendy
Full of ladies of a certain age :D
But it's next door to the post office so I go there as well
Your hair looks nice kaz I never do a test for colour I just use nice and easy
And trust my luck on the colour as they keep changing it :shock:
saundra

Postby Kaz » 17 Jul 2015, 17:12

My sister used to spend a fortune at Tony&Guys for cut and colour, but then she has more disposable income than me :lol: I looked at their price list as I walked past today - Cut and Blow from £50 upwards! :shock:

Thanks Saundra :) xx
Kaz

Postby Diflower » 17 Jul 2015, 18:53

That's more or less what mine's like Saundra - Tina's a lot younger than me but most of her clients are much older :)

Kaz I used to enjoy the hairdressers, when my hair was long it was a huge treat to have them wash it, get it back into shape and blow-dry it as only they can.
It just doesn't grow properly any more, so when it didn't look good even with paying the town's posh prices I gave up :(
It's not 'lovely' at all tbh, but it's better than leaving it to go wild...

I've always said if you find someone good stick with them, but what happened with you this week would drive me away too :?
When I first moved down to Bb's flat, I literally would spot women with nice-looking haircuts, in Sainsburys or wherever, and ask them where they got it cut, no-one ever minded :)

Back to the 'old-fashioned' hairdressers though, they all take the same course and pass the exams, so there's no good reason why one of those wouldn't cut it just as well. I know the posh salons send them on more courses, but unless you want something really fancy it might be worth a try?
Or mobile ones of course, my mum and I used to have a terrific one :)
Diflower

Postby Kaz » 17 Jul 2015, 19:22

The thing is I really like the way Shireen cuts it - I think what I'll do is get there for when they open next time (9.30) that way there's no chance of a queue ;) :lol: :lol:

I know they all take the same exams but they don't all cut the same, do they?
Kaz

PreviousNext

Return to The Boutique