I think I'm ready for Winter

For all things fashion, beauty and hair care

I think I'm ready for Winter

Postby JoM » 22 Oct 2017, 17:00

Just been to Stafford as I needed new wellies. Looked in Sports Direct, first shop we came to, and found a pair and was paying within three minutes.
Across the street from there is a Trespass shop. I've been on the lookout for a new really warm and waterproof coat for Winter dog walks so thought I'd have a look in there. I bought a Columbia puffa coat about four years ago and it's been brilliant but it's seen better days now. Anyway, there wasn't anything I liked in the current range and just as we were about to leave John spotted that there was a clearance floor upstairs.

I got this, reduced from £159.99 to £47.99 (can only find this Tesco link as it's last season's range)
https://www.tesco.com/direct/trespass-ladies-thunderstorm-parka/138-9293.prd?source=others
It's apparently got some kind of fabric layer which provides excellent insulation in the coldest of weather so no doubt I'll be putting it to the test shortly.

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Re: I think I'm ready for Winter

Postby Gal » 22 Oct 2017, 17:41

That looks cosy Jo - I'm after something similar myself, my red coat from Matalan is about three years old now but fabric so not waterproof (but it's warm) and then I saw this advertised in the paper yesterday

http://www.ambrosewilson.com/shop/3-in- ... lour:,size:

which fits the bill :)
Gal

Postby Diflower » 22 Oct 2017, 20:34

They both look good, Jo yours looks warmer, does it have a hood?
Diflower

Postby Kaz » 22 Oct 2017, 21:22

Jo that does look lovely and warm! Gal I absolutely love those colours, but will it be warm enough?

I bought a gorgeous long padded coat from the M&S outlet shop earlier this year, a small 12 and it was a bit too tight then ( it was ridiculously cheap so I decided to risk it) but it fits :D
Kaz

Postby miasmum » 22 Oct 2017, 22:40

They are both nice, but neither look long enough. I want a coat that comes down to my knees otherwise the rain drops off the bottom and soaks my legs
miasmum

Postby Gal » 23 Oct 2017, 13:36

Kaz wrote:Jo that does look lovely and warm! Gal I absolutely love those colours, but will it be warm enough?

Well it's got a fleecy lining which is removable on warmer days, so as I already have a similar one (but shorter) I think it will be plenty warm enough....ad I'm only titchy so I'm sure it'll be long enough on me :D :lol: :lol:
Gal

Postby Kaz » 23 Oct 2017, 16:24

Ah yes, that sounds perfect then :D
Kaz

Postby JoM » 24 Oct 2017, 11:10

Di, it has - a hood (and woolly hat) is essential where we walk as it's high ground and the wind whips across from mid-Wales (which you can see when the conditions are right).

Gal, I could probably get away with something like that in Spring/Autumn but not Winter.

Shell, this comes about mid-thigh, longer than the Winter coat I've been using the last few years.

I bought this one a few weeks ago too, but this is just for around the shops etc. It's still a warm coat though.
http://www2.hm.com/en_gb/productpage.0401136007.html

Kaz, I wish they'd get a move on with the outlet place we've got coming here - you get some right bargains!

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby Kaz » 24 Oct 2017, 16:48

I certainly do! :D :D

Nice parka!!
Kaz

Return to The Boutique