Charity shops

For all things fashion, beauty and hair care

Charity shops

Postby Gal » 03 Aug 2018, 16:58

Anyone frequent these?

Our local Cancer shop in Durham is becoming my go-to place for a bargain! Not sure if you saw the pics of my birthday meal out on FB, but a lot of people said they liked my top - I got it for the princely sum of £3.95 and it was originally from Next. I also bought a lovely taupe and black cotton skirt last week, also ex Next, for £3.50. I have several long sleeved tops bought last winter for work, most get comments :)

I see it as donating, not me being a cheapskate! ;) :lol:
Gal

Re: Charity shops

Postby Kaz » 03 Aug 2018, 20:17

The ones in Gloucester are a bit threadbare, to be honest! There isn't a lot of money about and the standard of donated clothing reflects that. I think they're better in Cheltenham....

Your bits sound great, and that top did look lovely! :D 8-)
Kaz

Postby Diflower » 04 Aug 2018, 08:53

Oh yes, but not as much as I did when it was the only clothes I could afford, I love being able to buy a few new things now :)
Also, I just haven't been shopping these past few months, hopefully will be able to again soon!
Diflower

Postby Osc » 04 Aug 2018, 12:24

There are none locally, but I certainly have bought from them over the years. I used to give bags of clothes to the nearest Oxfam shop and have a good mooch while there, but now it is very difficult to park anywhere near. So these days I bring my charity bag to TK Maxx. This morning I was trying on my new dress to see what jewellery might match it, and found a necklace that I bought in a charity shop for about 50c which matches perfectly.
Osc

Postby Gal » 04 Aug 2018, 17:46

This is true - the bigger cities do tend to have better choice, shame your one isn't as good Kaz.
Gal

Postby Kaz » 04 Aug 2018, 19:41

Gloucester is a funny place, Gal. A cathedral city, with a small town vibe - everyone seems to know everyone else. It has real contrasts, some very poor areas and some beautiful ones! The city centre has a really deprived feel to it, yet the Quays and Docks are beautiful, and only a five minute walk away.
Kaz

Return to The Boutique