Tooth whitening!

For all things fashion, beauty and hair care

Tooth whitening!

Postby Kaz » 02 Dec 2018, 21:08

I decided to post about it on here, seeing as it's a cosmetic thing really, rather than health related.

I have such a "thing" about my teeth - there's a big overbite because of my narrow upper jaw, and they've never been white :?

As some of you may remember, I looked into having braces a couple of years ago, but without having surgery on my jaw, there is little braces can achieve. My sister had the surgery, and although the results have been amazing she really went through it - both jaws broken surgically after a year of painful braces, having to sleep sitting up for a week, so she could breath, drinking liquid food for months.....it was awful! So not something I would contemplate!

My dentist thinks she can at least give me some improvement by whitening, and we will think about some veneers for the upper front teeth, which will give me a straighter arc, when I smile. She took moulds, so they could make silicone moulds, for the whitening gel, and I have to wear them every evening, for at least one hour, two maximum, for four weeks. I started last Sunday, and have an appointment on the 21st for a review, as they do a before and after of the colour. She said the secret of avoiding that awful "blue/white" you see with TV stars sometimes is to never go whiter than the whites of your eyes! I can already see some improvement :) The worst thing so far has been having to drink tea through a straw, which has been mildly embarrassing when eating out :shock: :lol:

It lasts a year, but as I now own the moulds I will just have to buy the gel in future........ It wasn't cheap but Mick paid as he knows how much it has bothered me :)
Kaz

Re: Tooth whitening!

Postby JoM » 03 Dec 2018, 14:05

Goodness, your sister is brave going through that. It sounds horrendous!

I could be tempted to have mine whitened but I find that our dentist is a bit pushy about it. The first time it was mentioned I hadn't even opened my mouth for my check up before he was asking if I'd be interested in having it done and reeling off the prices.

Keep us updated, it'll be interesting to hear how it's working for you!

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby Kaz » 03 Dec 2018, 16:44

It was horrendous for her Jo, but the results have been amazing - they widened her upper jaw and bought the bottom one forward! It looks perfect, but the suffering..... :shock: :? :oops:

I'll definitely keep you updated about the whitening :D
Kaz

Postby Osc » 03 Dec 2018, 19:42

Ooooh good luck! I had mine done years ago and was delighted with them. They have faded rather now though.
Osc

Postby Kaz » 03 Dec 2018, 19:47

Did you get to keep the moulds Rosie? My dentist recommended topping up once a year :) xx
Kaz

Postby Osc » 05 Dec 2018, 21:07

Yes I did but eventually they hardened up, and I couldn't get the gel.
Osc

Postby Kaz » 06 Dec 2018, 10:03

Oh, that's a shame, I wonder if mine will too :o :shock:

I'm nearly halfway through now, and they are definitely whiter :)
Kaz

Postby Kaz » 21 Dec 2018, 12:51

Been back for my review, and they're between 3 and 4 shades lighter, so well worth it! My dentist is going on maternity leave until June, so I have 6 months to consider the veneers :oops:
Kaz

Postby JoM » 22 Dec 2018, 19:27

That's a really good result! Definitely worth the effort!

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby Gal » 23 Dec 2018, 15:42

Great, brilliant result! Have you no before and after pics?
Gal

Next

Return to The Boutique