Lipcote

For all things fashion, beauty and hair care

Lipcote

Postby JoM » 02 Dec 2012, 23:26

I don't know how much money I've wasted on lipsticks which promise to last 8 hours, or even last all day, are drink-proof, eat-proof, kiss-proof. I also have a load of 'normal' lipsticks which wear off almost as soon as I put them on, quite a lot are Mac so aren't exactly cheap either.
A couple of week ago I was browsing in Boots and I happened to notice Lipcote. I hadn't used it for years, it used to really dry my lips out, but seeing as we were going to a party that night I thought I'd get a bottle and give it another try.
It tingled the first few times I used it but that's stopped now, it's not drying my lips and I'm now able to use all of these different lipsticks that I've accumulated and they actually stay put now! :lol:

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Re: Lipcote

Postby Kaz » 04 Dec 2012, 10:17

Oh what a good result! I'm the same with lippy and have got my best results by lining and filling in with a lip pencil, and then using a long lasting gloss over the top 8-) I also like the Benefit tints for the summer but in winter I need moisture!

Might try Lipcote though :)
Kaz

Postby Gal » 04 Dec 2012, 22:50

I've had to stop wearing lipstick, as anything except lipbalm is drying my lips out to the point of dry bits round my mouth - attractive!!!! :shock: :(

If this is menopause - it sucks!!! :(
Gal

Postby meriad » 05 Dec 2012, 09:58

it is good stuff and works really well, but it really used to dry my lips out badly so I stopped using it.

Do you think they've changed the formula if it doesn't dry your lips out? Because if yes then I'd love to give it a go again, but just don't want to waste my money
meriad

Postby Fugitive » 05 Dec 2012, 10:34

I do that too Kaz, outline, fill then add a tinted moisture gloss lippy. And from the other thread my blusher brush looks like a man' shaving brush :lol:
Fugitive

Postby Diflower » 05 Dec 2012, 11:39

My lips get terribly dry too; last year I asked Bb for some 'nice' lip balm for Christmas, and was very surprised, he got me Boots P&P, it's in a little tube.
The bigger surprise is that it's really, really good! I use the teeniest amount each morning after toothbrushing, and the same before I go to bed. Once in a while another weeny bit in the day.
It's made a big difference, they're no longer permanently dry at all. I still have chapsticks in my bag and in the kitchen, strangely drinking tea always makes my mouth dry :D
Lipstick now goes on as it should, not dragging, and no rough patches at all :)
Don't know what it costs but started using it Christmas day and there's still some left! The problem is getting used to just how little you need to squeeze out, it's annoying when you have to waste any as there's nothing else you can do with it :)
Diflower

Return to The Boutique