Colouring hair

For all things fashion, beauty and hair care

Colouring hair

Postby Gal2 » 16 Aug 2021, 17:48

I am in a bit of a quandary as the last time I home coloured my hair, (usually done once every 4-5 weeks) my lips tingled and I was worried I was having an allergic reaction, so not done it since. That was mid May, and I have a lot of silvery roots now and VERY pale hair as the sun bleached the colour out!! :roll:

I bought a replacement dye as I always do so I have one to go, but I am a little worried to do it.....chatting with Jen today she uses a herbal one, Herbitint, but having had a look online, it looks quite a faff and as though you may need an accompanying shampoo etc.

Anyone else have any suggestions? I'm not yet at the stage where I want to go full on silver, and I really dislike how pale it is just now.....
Gal2
Site Admin

Re: Colouring hair

Postby Kaz » 22 Aug 2021, 20:05

Sorry, only just noticed this :oops:

Lips tingling is definitely a warning sign :( How about trying another "normal" DIY brand, but do a full test beforehand. A dab behind the ear, and one on the inside of the wrist. Any redness or itching is a no-go, but if it's clear you should be perfectly safe xxx
Kaz

Postby Gal2 » 12 Sep 2021, 16:06

Well I just did it today! Got fed up of myself and my “too blonde” hair so I just grabbed the box and stuck it on. All seems ok so far, no tingling or anything but I was super nervous so didn’t leave it on too long…. it’s MUCH darker and far more ‘me’ :)

Thanks for replying Kaz xx
Gal2
Site Admin

Postby Kaz » 26 Sep 2021, 16:14

Glad it worked out ok :) xxx
Kaz

Return to The Boutique