Outfits for Amy's wedding

For all things fashion, beauty and hair care

Re: Outfits for Amy's wedding

Postby Kaz » 02 Jan 2022, 22:43

I think the dress you chose sounds far more "you", and agree with Osc. Weddings are a long day, so comfort is important xxx
Kaz

Postby Ally » 03 Jan 2022, 07:56

You'll look stunning Gal. xxx

I dread the day I'll be a mother of the groom as I don't think I'd scrub up nice enough.
Would wearing my Converse be acceptable?! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ally
Site Admin

Postby JoM » 03 Jan 2022, 11:48

Ally wrote:You'll look stunning Gal. xxx

I dread the day I'll be a mother of the groom as I don't think I'd scrub up nice enough.
Would wearing my Converse be acceptable?! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I’m living with that dread too Al :lol:

Gal, you’ll look fantastic, I hope we’ll see lots of photos!

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby Gal2 » 03 Jan 2022, 16:24

Oh you're all too kind! I'm still dithering about headwear, hairstyle and footwear....

I'm not sure regarding what happens after the event - we're staying at the venue all night so does one change into a different outfit for the evening 'do'?
Gal2
Site Admin

Postby Ally » 03 Jan 2022, 17:22

The only time I got changed for an evening do at a wedding Gal was one I went to in 1999 and we were told it was a Northern Soul night (which I love!) so the Levi's and Converse were speedily put on. :lol:
Ally
Site Admin

Postby Kaz » 03 Jan 2022, 17:36

Gal2 wrote:Oh you're all too kind! I'm still dithering about headwear, hairstyle and footwear....

I'm not sure regarding what happens after the event - we're staying at the venue all night so does one change into a different outfit for the evening 'do'?

We didn't, at the recent family wedding Gal. That dress will see you through the evening. I bought some silver fold-up ballet pumps, and they made dancing much easier :oops: :lol:

How about a low chignon for your hair? Elegant, like the dress :)

Ally I don't think you'll have any problem at all looking gorgeous for your boys! ;) :) :)
Kaz

Postby Gal2 » 03 Jan 2022, 18:08

Kaz wrote:
Ally I don't think you'll have any problem at all looking gorgeous for your boys! ;) :) :)

Absolutely!!!

I think I'll take something along 'just in case' - I remember wearing a long jacket/short skirt combo outfit to my nephew's wedding in 1999, when Jen was an 11 year old bridesmaid (!) and not only was I the only person to not change for the evening do, bad mother that I am, also didn't take a change of clothes for Jen for the following day!! :oops: :lol:

I'd love a look like that Kaz, but it would have to be done professionally as I am useless at styling my hair, other than its' regular straight look. It evades curls for any length of time too, perhaps a French pleat or similar?

Where did you get your pumps?
Gal2
Site Admin

Postby Kaz » 03 Jan 2022, 18:38

Wedding Mates After Party roll up Shoes …(4-5.5, Silver) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0719QBP9G/ ... UTF8&psc=1

They come in other colours too, darker ones.

A French pleat would be lovely or maybe get your usual salon to put up your hair? :)

No harm in taking another outfit, to cover all eventualities :D
Kaz

Postby miasmum » 03 Jan 2022, 19:31

I think when you pay that much for something you are probably never going to wear again, then why change? Just enjoy it and feel good all evening. I agree about the ballet pumps and also speak to your hairdresser in advance and discuss your hair thoughts?
miasmum

Postby Gal2 » 06 Jan 2022, 19:29

Kaz wrote:Wedding Mates After Party roll up Shoes …(4-5.5, Silver) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0719QBP9G/ ... UTF8&psc=1

8-) :D :D

Thanks Shell - had a fringe trim today, we've arranged a try-out style about a week before the day, excited already! :lol:

I've ordered these today - can't wait to get them !!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254633594769 ... 4976771767

Now, I think I'm going for a navy fascinator....would you get a silver or a navy bag? I'm undecided.

And I apologise now for the constant wedding outfit chat!! Can you tell I don't dress up much :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gal2
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Boutique