Me um heap big pale face

For all things fashion, beauty and hair care

Me um heap big pale face

Postby Lozzles » 04 Dec 2012, 18:14

:D
I have such a pale complexion I look like death warmed up most of the time. I don't wear much make-up, but I really think I need something to liven my fizog up in the colder months. I wear tinted moisturiser, but I think I am in need of something more. Any ideas ladies for a good foundation that won't make me look too 'made up'? :?
Lozzles

Re: Me um heap big pale face

Postby Kaz » 04 Dec 2012, 18:19

Foundation should match your skin so if you're pale so should your foundation be :D Mine is very pale, but I add colour with blusher or bronzer on my cheeks. Smile and apply it where the 'apples' appear 8-) Even just a little brings your complexion to life ;)
Kaz

Postby Lozzles » 04 Dec 2012, 18:24

I do that Kaz, but maybe I'm not adding enough blusher. I'm scared of having a pale face with rosey cheeks :lol: I think I need to try harder.
Lozzles

Postby Fugitive » 04 Dec 2012, 18:31

It isn't the amount of blusher but the right shade, more bronze than pink, but if a powder blusher use a big soft brush to apply in swirly movements towards the hairline so it blends. Add some to your temples, the sides of nose and even the point of your chin then balance with a lip colour and you will look healthy and feel alive.

Tinted moisturiser will even out your skin tone but don't try to go darker-not a good look.
Fugitive

Postby Lozzles » 04 Dec 2012, 18:34

Thanks fugi. I have been using very pale pink blusher, but I hadn't really thought of bronze.
Lozzles

Postby Fugitive » 04 Dec 2012, 18:50

Rimmel do a Lasting Finish Soft Colour Blush in Bronze (080). Around three pounds something, but you need to buy a decent blusher brush and Superdrug have those too. I have one called Gosh from their budget range. Small outlay for a worthwhile experiment.
Fugitive

Postby Kaz » 04 Dec 2012, 19:05

Fugi is spot on - I use a 'nude' bronzer a pinky/bronze one and apply it as she says. It's Dior but cost me very little as I had a ton of points on my Debenhams Beauty Card - plus I know the woman who runs the Dior counter (she's my old boss's best friend) and she gave me discount. My foundation is Dior (Forever Skin in Ivory) too - bit extravagant but a little goes a long long way applied with a foundation brush and the finish is perfect. I used to buy Body Shop but the Dior is much better.....I don't mind buying cheap brand eye pencils, eyeliners and lippies but my skin is very dry and very 'touchy' and I've found it pays not to skimp on foundations and blushers..........

The blusher came with its own brush but I prefer the big blusher brush I have that's like a man's shaving brush 8-)
Kaz

Postby Diflower » 04 Dec 2012, 19:12

I can vouch for the Rimmel blusher as well, it's my favourite. Some of them are impossible to be subtle with, but this is really natural-looking. The good brush is a definite must - but they do last, mine came from Joan Price's Face Place in London about 25 years ago :lol: :lol: :lol:
Diflower

Postby Kaz » 04 Dec 2012, 19:15

Wow they've lasted well - a good investment!! 8-) :D
Kaz

Postby Diflower » 04 Dec 2012, 19:29

It's a bit longer actually...when was working in London and reading Cosmopolitan, Joan Price's was mentioned all the time as the place to go for eg make-up lessons.
I went twice, the first time for a facial and to learn how look after my skin, to pluck eyebrows, things like that. The second was a make-up lesson, which was brilliant. They didn't have set brands, each girl had a big trolley with drawers full of all sorts.
They did one side of your face and then you copied, and they did a chart of your face with where everything went and what makes and colours they used.
There was no pressure at all, although I did buy a few things. And the brushes had been mentioned too, so I bought the blusher one and one for eyeshadow. Both still like new, and have been in constant use!
Diflower

Next

Return to The Boutique